Sign in to follow this  
Dwarflord

Troop Equipment-Musicians/Standards

Per the description of Troop Equipment in pg 52 of the rulebook...

"Unlike personal equipment, Troop equipment must be carried by a Soldier model. When the Soldier model who is equipped with the Troop equipment is destroyed, the equipment and its benefits are lost."

If I pay the points for a musician/standard for a troop and use a musician/standard model to represent this, does this model replace a normal Soldier model in the army list? For example...

Ironraven (4-8/2)

3 Knights

3 Ironspines

2 Unforgiven

1 Musician/Standard (Knight)

Actually adds up to nine soldiers , but really only eight since one of the soldiers is the musician/standard bearer

or...

Ironraven (4-8/2)

2 Knights

3 Ironspines

2 Unforgiven

1 Musician/Standard (Knight)

or

As noted above, there are 8 soldiers in the troop (max allowed for Ironraven). If I equip a knight (soldier) with a musician or standard and use the corresponding model to represent this, does it replace one of the knight models? If so, how does my opponent know what soldier model the musician or standard bearer represents? If not, how does my opponent know which model is carrying the standard?

Thanks!

The Troop upgrades are a piece of equipment carried by any one soldier in that Troop; its effects apply to the entire Troop, until that model is removed from play. It is not an extra model unto itself. You select one of your models in the Troop to carry that piece of equipment.

As for which model has the equipment, there are a number of ways you can denote this. You can use the official Standard or Musician model for your army (as appropriate); it would then replace whatever model you would normally have used for that soldier. I use models with a white stripe on one edge of their base, and on that stripe is a number. I'll assign one of them to be the standard bearer or musician, and let my opponent know which number model it is. You could simply add something to a model (a rubber band or a piece of pipecleaner wrapped around said model's weapon, for instance) as another way to denote the one carrying the equipment. Really, with the current liberal proxy rules, so long as you and your opponent have some way to identify a soldier with the Standard or Musician equipment, it doesn't matter much how you achieve that goal. smile.gif

~v

Edited by Shakandara

One of these days I will pick up this pack - Instruments - paint up some of the instruments, and super glue an half inch or so of string in a loop to the instrument, so I can use the pipe cleaner method but with something a bit more thematic than a loop of fuzzy stuff.

Still on the look out for a good Standard Bearer add-on that's in the same vein as my musician idea.

The Troop upgrades are a piece of equipment carried by any one soldier in that Troop; its effects apply to the entire Troop, until that model is removed from play. It is not an extra model unto itself. You select one of your models in the Troop to carry that piece of equipment.

As for which model has the equipment, there are a number of ways you can denote this. You can use the official Standard or Musician model for your army (as appropriate); it would then replace whatever model you would normally have used for that soldier. I use models with a white stripe on one edge of their base, and on that stripe is a number. I'll assign one of them to be the standard bearer or musician, and let my opponent know which number model it is. You could simply add something to a model (a rubber band or a piece of pipecleaner wrapped around said model's weapon, for instance) as another way to denote the one carrying the equipment. Really, with the current liberal proxy rules, so long as you and your opponent have some way to identify a soldier with the Standard or Musician equipment, it doesn't matter much how you achieve that goal. smile.gif

~v

Thanks!

Edited by Qwyksilver

Still on the look out for a good Standard Bearer add-on that's in the same vein as my musician idea.

Which faction? I assume it doesn't already exist:

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/standard%20warlord

Or you can mod a mini with:

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/flag/sku-down/03420

It wouldn't be too hard to do a flag on the back like a samurai:

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/samurai/sku-down/03058