Sign in to follow this  
chris

Platypod and Echidnox. Kyra and Lavarath (Playable?)

Hi everyone Im am new to this forum and I am sort of new to warlord as well. I was just wondering if there was anyway to use the awesome Platypod, Echidnox and Kyra and lavarath minis. What I really would like to do is to change out Kyra with a Reaper DHL character that I have used for one of my favorite DnD characters for forever. Is there anyway do do this? I just want to be able to use these miniatures In warlord. Is there any way? I would prefer it if I was able to use them in tournament play as well.

Thanks,

Chris

Yeah Im sorry I should have said this before but that forum topic is what actually spurred this question. Wich makes me feel stupid because I this question should have just went in that topic as well. So if I just put a rider on the Elven dragon Argyrian it wouldnt change the rules on the dragon but I could use the miniature with just a rider added right?

You absolutely can! Most people agree that for tournament play a miniature ought to reflect the general idea of a datacard. In other words, yeah, go ahead and use Echidnox, but try to find a datacard that fights using MAV (and, I guess Echidnox has a bow so you could swing a melee/ranged datacard as well.) Platypod ought to be some sort of a spellcaster. And Kyra & Lavirax ought to be something on a large or giant base (depending on how big that mini is), with flight and serious melee power.

The idea is that yes, you can proxy with anything, but the whole point of using miniatures in a tabletop skirmish game is to give a visual representation of your fighting company's capabilities. Intentionally using an archer datacard and a fighter miniature is confusing to your opponent and is widely considered to be poor sportsmanship, as you are making it confusing to your opponent - who sees a melee-only model but gets attacked by an archer datacard.

Fortunately there's about a billion datacards, and you could probably fit all three of those models into any given faction! Specifically, yes, you can use the datacard for Argyrian and proxy Kyra & Lavirath. The hard and fast rule is that the base size must match the datacard. After that, for all purposes Kyra & Lavirath "become" Argyrian in the game and the datacard is used as-is.

Also, welcome to the game!

Hey thanks alot I just bought the new 2nd edition rulebook from my local store here and this game rocks. I love how custom the game is. I love to personalize my miniatures so this is awesome. I also totally understand that things need to make since on the miniature since that is kind of the whole point of the miniature. I also understand the need of the base bieng the same. My local store doesnt carry either of these dragons at the moment so I will have to order it online.

That brings me to another question. Will Lavarath fit on the same base as Argyrian? Also is there a possible Mercenary figure I could substitute Lavarath for The only big figures I really see is are the stone giant and minataur wich dont really fit the dragon rider so much. Are there more Datacards than the ones in the base rulebook that I have?

Chris

Not yet. But there is an expansion book, Savage North, that is currently in playtesting/development that is likely to have some larger critters. I'd say more, but my brain has got all confuzzled about what is public knowledge and what isn't so I am just gonna shut up and let Gus or Jason talk laugh.gif

There won't be new Mercenary Models though.

Kyra and Lavarath should fit on the same sized base as Argy.

Edited by Qwyksilver

That brings me to another question. Will Lavarath fit on the same base as Argyrian? Also is there a possible Mercenary figure I could substitute Lavarath for The only big figures I really see is are the stone giant and minataur wich dont really fit the dragon rider so much. Are there more Datacards than the ones in the base rulebook that I have?

I've been using my Kyra and Lavarath as a proxy for the Reptus Broodmaster while I wait for the official sculpt. Yes, it fits just fine on a 50x50mm base, which is the same size that Argyrian uses.

~v