Brom Hard Bark, Enigma 54mm

demonelf3

Hey all! I took about 2 months off of paint during my wrestling season. but now I'm gettin back into it. This guy was done in about 10 hours. Some parts are a bit sloppy, as I was anxious just to finish a figure, which I did! So without further ado....

post-3935-12663859142894_thumb.jpg

You can vote on coolminiornot (http://coolminiornot.com/243757), and read more on my site! Any comments, criticisms, witticisms, or other dialog is appreciated. Thanks for looking.

• Like 1

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that's really nice, especially for just 10 hours. Is that supposed to be frozen blood on the base?

The base design is really well done, and the color palette you've chosen works well. The metallics are fantastic.

The only part that could use a little more work is on the back. The ripped-up shirt and belt pouch look a little flatter than the rest of the mini, and the skin on his back could use more variation in the color.

Overall, though, a very fine mini!

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm glad you like him. MamaGeek: Yes I agree, the back does need work. I was hesitant to approach it because with only primer, his back is a very intimidating and uneven surface. I sort of wanted to be rid of it =P. And yes, that is blood scattered speckling the snow. I used a mix of red ink, black ink, water, and future, then lodaed it up on a brush, wrapped my fig in paper towel, and quickly flicked the bristles in the direction of the snow. I only did blood behind him, to make it seem as though he came from a fight.

A great mini...or should we call it a "figure", being 54mm? ::):

It's especially amazing because it's 54mm and you were able to do this level of work in only 10 hours! The subtle shading and weathering on his armor is really nice. Great atmosphere about this guy!

Good to see you back at the paints! Looking forward to a great "off season" of painting from you.

-AW

Thanks for the kind words guys, it's heartening to know I haven't become rubbish in the last few months of inactivity. Hopefully 'll run a WIP in the coming days, gotta find the right fig though.

If you "had" become rubbish and this is what you produced, I would be more than satisfied being a "rubbish" painter. :poke: