Vaeloth, Hellborn Paladin

demonelf3

I finished Brom (show off), and this guy has been sitting in my box since GenCon. His crisp detail really grabbed me (though I did botch the face a bit), and I was tired of painting cold themed figs. His base is inspired by olliekickflip's Mangu Timur. Not a whole lot done, I did part of the GS on the base, but still have to do the stairs. I painted his face twice, with sandpaper and an exacto inbetween attempts =P. I still need to bring up th highlights as a whole, though the shadows are down to almost black. Anyway, recipes below. Comments, criticisms, questions.... GO!

post-3935-12666209174141.jpg

post-3935-12666209495269.jpg

post-3935-1266620930134.jpg

Face so far: BC Violet Red; HC Pale Violet; HC Rosy Shadow; HC Linen White (needs more); SC Violet Liner; SC Green Liner

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a ton of work on the base structure.... it's now mostly complete. However, I'm at a loss as to how to define the area. Dungeon entrance? Urban steps? Depending on that, I can apply the correct fluff. I was thinking maybe a Moria sort of entrance, with a dwarf skeleton laying on the ground. Anyway, please toss your ideas out, I'd be happy to hear them. Oh, and I brightened the face a bit. I think he's starting to look truly tiefl.... hellborn.

post-3935-12666300503771.jpg

Horns worked on, need blending. Same with blade. Recipes below. C&C welcome.... damn it's late.... again, still needs smoothing to the max...

post-3935-1266651604503_thumb.jpg

With serration highlights placed.

post-3935-12666516327106_thumb.jpgpost-3935-12666516516372_thumb.jpg

Horns: BC Scorched Brn; HC Rosy Shdw; HC Linen White

Sword: BC 50:50 Violet Red:Cloudy Grey; HC Cloudy Grey; HC Ghost White; SC Violet Red; SC Red Liner.

Thanks for the compliments guys.... I'm really digging this guy. I feel like the sword NMM is the best I've ever done. Mercius: I feel like when I paint NMM the only thing extra I do is hav more contrast. I thin my paints the same, apply them the same... just more contrast!

Ok, not too sure about this update.... do you all think the gold works? It needs more blending, but in terms of color placement I'm uncertain. A bit more blending done on the sword.

post-3935-12667975617832.jpg

Gold: BC Chestnut Gold; HC Palomino Gold; HC Buckskin Pale; HC Linen White; SC Scorched Brown.

Sorry for the small pic...