A Warm hello and Sir Conlan

jamesfx

Firstly, hi everyone.

I'm somewhat of a newcomer to these boards and have spent a fair while marveling at the figures on display. I thought that it was only fair that I contributed something to this warm and wonderfully encouraging community.

I've recently started painting again and am slowly getting to grips with some of the techniques being used today. So I thought I'd share with you my latest mini as a WIP - Sir Conlan. I'm sure you guys/girls can give me some good advice.

Apologies for the photos they were taken at my painting desk with an iphone lol.

Cloak Shadows

post-6280-12667518131987_thumb.jpg

Robe done

post-6280-12667518807059_thumb.jpg

Gold armour

post-6280-12667519185697_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking that the brown I have used for the gold NMM is to close to the colour of the robe so I might darken it and make it a little less warm.

Anyway any comments suggestions would be very welcome.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you chose the right color for your NMM of gold for the armor. I can not speak with experience on this subject as I have never attempted NMM before so I may be way off base. On the other hand, if it were me, I would keep the base color for your gold. It looks like you are going for a dark color on the outer robe. If this is a correct observation, I would suggest an off white for the inner robe. You already have a nice base for this application imo. Anyway, I am fairly new to offering any advice as I usually paint off the cuff so to speak. I do hope to see more pic's of your WIP here. Thanks for sharing!

What color is the brown you used for the basecoat? I am trying NMM and my basecoat is about a shade darker than that to start, but since I am leaving it only in the recesses I should be ok with it, but this would be a much easier color to work up from imo.

Hi There,

Sorry its a bit late. The browns I have used so far are bestial brown and vermin brown both from ganes workshop. For the base coat I used Sunburst yellow took a lot of coats to cover though.

I'm hoping I can drop some subtle hints to the missus to get me some reaper paints for my birthday :)