Pepto the Troll

nytflyr

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you on the base, it is a bit bland, but it is still a nice base. The mini is spectacular though, really great texture and highlights and even being super pink he is menacing as hell, it is always nice to see a freh take on things and you did a great job with this guy, bravo!

I really like the paint job! You pulled off a hard color to paint with really nice high lights and shadows. I agree the base is kind of plain. Did you paint it at all or is it just straight sand?

its just straight blended turf, the "issue" with it is that he has a detailed base prescuplted on, so I couldnt just throw stuff willy nilly on there

Pepto's really starting to grow on me. ::): Great job on the blending and the skin tones.

I really like the paint job! You pulled off a hard color to paint with really nice high lights and shadows. I agree the base is kind of plain. Did you paint it at all or is it just straight sand?

its just straight blended turf, the "issue" with it is that he has a detailed base prescuplted on, so I couldnt just throw stuff willy nilly on there

The two things that get me about the base are the different colour of the turf from the sculpted base, and the abrupt change in height up to the sculpted base. Building up a smoother transition from the height of the figure's base to the flat 50mm(?) base's level would help a lot, and it'd let you scatter some turf onto the sculpted base to make the transition even more subtle.

The two things that get me about the base are the different colour of the turf from the sculpted base, and the abrupt change in height up to the sculpted base. Building up a smoother transition from the height of the figure's base to the flat 50mm(?) base's level would help a lot, and it'd let you scatter some turf onto the sculpted base to make the transition even more subtle.

Thanks for the tips... luckily the flocking was just glued on with wood glue, so it came right off with a little water... I added two bits from this box set http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/imx/imx533.htm (grass sticking out of rock) and sculpted a much bigger base from green stuff that blends in with the prescuplted base and I added a few more rocks.. Ill use some brush on primer later on this week once it is cured and paint it up closer to the original base. so I havent seen the end of Pepto yet :D

The pink looks menacing somehow. Never would have guessed it. Can you reveal if you mixed that shade or got it out'the bottle?

He is a base of entrall pink, and then worked up and down with fair highlight & brown liner