Sign in to follow this  
Warwick

1.5K all the way!

I've held it in long enough! Warlord is pure wargaming gold at 1,500 points! You see so much more per game. You don't have to agonize over what to leave at home - you can bring everything! I brought Judas and Grave Horror and plenty of other heavy-hitters from the Vampire ranks: Vandrian, Tharian, Naomi, Chattel, 10 Crimson Knights. My opponent brought serious Reptus. Man, it was a smash up. I'm not going back to 1K. It's too small for my table.

Just an opinion...but if you haven't played some 1.5K games, you are missing out. The game was designed to run at full speed, like a German automobile, not trundle along some country lane at 1K or less. Floor that sucker! You'll be surprised.

The game was designed to be played at 1000 points, its meant to be a skirmish where you cant take every model. At 1k points you have to choose want you want so it makes a lot more diverse lists. I think 1.5k really takes a lot of that away. I played a couple at 1500 and didn't like it as much. I think a quick skirmish is much more fun than a long drawn out game.

-Sin

I think both are very valid and fun. I dont think that every time someone says that they played a 1500 point game and enjoyed it, that someone else needs to come in "Boo" it.

Well said, Jason; to each their own. I have reasons for playing smaller point games at times, but I enjoy larger games too.

~v

I wasn't "booing" it. Just letting people know that the game was designed/balanced to be played at 1000 points and then stating my opinion on game sizes.

Sinden, I get the whole "limited resource" with 1K and you have to pick what you want and leave something cool at home...however, I feel that isn't working in Warlord's favor. Once a few games are played, anyone can tell what the best units are for their play style. I've been watching and playing a lot of 1K games, and our lists are fairly static now. Once you get the "must have" models in, you don't have much left to play with. Not so at 1,500! It's like having a cup of coffee, and then ANOTHER cup of coffee. Okay, it's nothing like that. Stupid analogy. Maybe a baseball analogy? No, better quit before I get into trouble with a body part analogy.

I do agree 1.5K isn't a skirmish game any longer if you take a lot of small guys. Greenie had to use a movement tray last game. A movement tray! Since I play with big costed models, I never have that many on the board no matter what. A lot depends on your definition of skirmish.

Wow, I just realized I've never even made up an army list for my Outcasts at 1.5K! Insanity! Off to army builder with me!

You guys are all smoking crack. 783 point battles are THE best NO questions asked! If you've never played a 783 point battle than you don't have ANY idea what I'm talking about! It's like getting to eat cake AND a taco in the SAME meal! ^_^

Yea I prefer 1,000 point games but what ever people want to play is cool with me. The most important thing is that you have fun playing WL!

You are all wrong in everything you have ever said or thought, even when you agree with me when im right, you are still wrong! ::D:

Yeah people do have there "must haves" but i have noticed its different with each person. Some people love justicars, i personally wont take them. But i do like seeing how other people play the same armies as I do. Sometimes it leads to new lists and changes the way I play an army.

Of all the points levels I've played I think I enjoy 500 the most sometimes. It's probably my ADD or "Squirrel!?" syndrome that makes this so appealing to me. THe battles are swift, fierce, and completely unforgiving. One mistake or poorly planned maneuver and it's all over.

I'd play more 1.5k matches if I wasn't completely sure it'd take me 3 days to finish one. I'm not only easily distracted but also an incredibly deliberate player. I like to ponder my options and plan several steps ahead. I think it would be nice to be able to include more of the good stuff in a list like a 1.5k game allows. Thousand point games do force me to leave some favored stuff at home at times but usually I can cram in most of the nicities. If I had to make an analogy between game sizes it'd be something like 500 points is like piloting a Bugatti Veyron full throttle down the Autobahn while 1,500 is like cruisin' in a Cadillac down the strip with all your homies onboard, 1,000 points is that sensible yet comfortable family sedan where you can mostly get all your children in but sometimes you dream about getting a minivan. That works. ::):

Joshua

I personally prefer a quick 5 point game of Bondslave VS Bondslave! I can get in a ton of games in an afternoon.

For any of you wonder what Gus does at reaper all day. He replays this same game over and over by him self, but sometimes he will use He-man and my little pony proxies. :lol:

The game was designed to be played at 1000 points, its meant to be a skirmish where you cant take every model. At 1k points you have to choose want you want so it makes a lot more diverse lists. I think 1.5k really takes a lot of that away. I played a couple at 1500 and didn't like it as much. I think a quick skirmish is much more fun than a long drawn out game.

-Sin

Even at 1.5k, the game is still limited. Besides, this game is never intended to stay at 1000 points.

If people are concerned about how long it takes to play, it sounds like it is time for kim and I to reintroduce the "Qwik Play Rulz" we developed. Sigurd FTW. ik_wink.gif

~v

Edited by Shakandara

Even at 1.5k, the game is still limited. Besides, this game is never intended to stay at 1000 points.

The rule book suggests 1000 point games.

If people are concerned about how long it takes to play, it sounds like it is time for kim and I to reintroduce the "Qwik Play Rulz" we developed. Sigurd FTW. ik_wink.gif

~v

One of the reasons i like the 1k game is becase of the time, its a good size force and its just under 2 hours at a relaxed pace.