Echidnox!

Wumby

post-547-12674685763841_thumb.jpgpost-547-12674686416539_thumb.jpgpost-547-12674686856285_thumb.jpg

Ok, so I just noticed that I didn't paint the vambrace, so you don't need to comment on that. My metals are horrible, ie the sword. I'm working on the courage to attempt NMM, but for now I am honing my skills at layering/thinning/smoother transitions from shading up to highlights. I need more gradients... Either way, enjoy and place your 2 cents below.

• Like 1

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any suggestions on getting the blade not so flat? I started with RMS Pewter, gave it a P3 armor wash, then highlighted with GW Mithril Silver. Thought it looked hideous, did it again, did it again, said I'm done with it and went straight Mithril Silver. Just couldn't get it done right, so, I'm thinking NMM is in short order or at least an attempt with the "true metallics." (I really like my metal paints, just can't use them very well.)

And, yes, the base is MicroArt. I already have another base ready to roll for Platypod. Which will come along in a few months, I'm terribly slow and will be moving soon.

Any suggestions on getting the blade not so flat? I started with RMS Pewter, gave it a P3 armor wash, then highlighted with GW Mithril Silver. Thought it looked hideous, did it again, did it again, said I'm done with it and went straight Mithril Silver. Just couldn't get it done right, so, I'm thinking NMM is in short order or at least an attempt with the "true metallics." (I really like my metal paints, just can't use them very well.)

Try these:

I have had success NMM wise recently using GW paints and starting with codex grey w/ one drop of chaos black as a base, then highlighting pure codex, 3:1 codex/fortress grey, 2:2 codex/fortress, 1:3 codex/fortress, pure fortress, 3:1 fortress/skull white, 2:2 fortress/skull white, 1:3 fortress/skull white, with extreme highlights in skull white....my recent WIP does not show these results as I have completely redone most of the metals on that guy, but will be reposting updated pics tonight, it looks a lot nice now. Hope I didn't make that too confusing :upside:

I agree with everyone here. He is fantastic. I actually like the sword blade the way it is. It sort of looks worn or slightly tarnished, which to me gives it a realistic feel. The only thing that I would suggest is NMM for the gold which so far for me is the easiest of the NMM types to reproduce. I have been using the Warm Browns Triad for this with slight drops of P3 Cygnus yellow for a little more pop. Desert colors also seem to work well. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for sharing.

Jim