Arthrand Nightblade

MamaGeek

Here is the relatively recently released Arthrand Nightblade by Bobby Jackson, painted for my friend to use for his elven archer in our D&D game. I was planning on painting the front panel gray, but I couldn't get it to look right, so I just covered it with detailing. ::):

I sculpted the base from green stuff.

Since it's a gaming mini, I went heavy on the gloss coat. There's a matte finish over that, but probably not enough, since there are still some shiny spots that look a bit textured and bright in the photos. I'd try to fix that with more matte, but he's just for tabletop use, so I didn't bother.

post-4823-12679085019169_thumb.jpg

I really wanted to be the first one to post a painted version of this,but as soon as I got him done, my hard drive failed, and I was without a personal computer for a few weeks. Well, I'm up and running now, although Photoshop is doing weird things in my new 64-bit Windows 7, so I'll probably have to upgrade to the newer version. Still, I managed to put this together before any other Arthrands showed up, so I'm happy. ^_^

• Like 2

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, thanks, cook! I used the criss-crossed leather straps on the quiver as my pattern for the detailing on the front. It seemed to work out pretty well. I still need more practice on my NMM, I think. This was my first attempt at a fully green-sculpted base. It wasn't too hard, but then fallen logs and rocks are pretty forgiving of a lack of sculpting skill!

IMO this is a huge jump in quality over your other minis. Don't take that the wrong way, your other minis are phenomenal, however this one isa whole new level, I would pick this out as a work done by a professional painter if given a lineup of different minis. Your friend should be very thrilled with the result.

Beautifully done! The colors are great, and the detail on his clothes and quiver, and painting level is really fantastic. I really like his hood also. The base came out well too, and works well with the pose and lore of the figure. Well done!