Using Reaper face paint series

mrmstwk

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that would depend on how you like to paint. Some folks do shadow, skin, highlight. Some do skin, shadow, highlight, etc. If you are just starting out the easiest way would be to do the shadow first, then skin and then highlight in progressively smaller areas where face highlights would occur.

Maya~

The Rosy Skin triad is the best flesh paint on the market for human type flesh tones (non ethnic), not that you asked; but as far as your question is concerned, I paint skin, shadow, highlight, it's how I was taught and what works for me. You might find shadow works best to start with, my suggestion is to experiment.

The Rosy Skin triad is the best flesh paint on the market for human type flesh tones (non ethnic), not that you asked; but as far as your question is concerned, I paint skin, shadow, highlight, it's how I was taught and what works for me. You might find shadow works best to start with, my suggestion is to experiment.

thank you, i will try and do some tests

Well that would depend on how you like to paint. Some folks do shadow, skin, highlight. Some do skin, shadow, highlight, etc. If you are just starting out the easiest way would be to do the shadow first, then skin and then highlight in progressively smaller areas where face highlights would occur.

Maya~

i am just starting out to paint figures, you would do shadows all over then skin in most of the areas and then highlights for nose chin and cheek bones forhead

i am just starting out to paint figures, you would do shadows all over then skin in most of the areas and then highlights for nose chin and cheek bones forhead

I used to do just that (Shadows, skin, then just the highlights in areas that you mentioned)for a long time and on some miniatures I still go from shadow up. On some I find it easier to do skin then shadows and highlights. Since you are just starting out, I would go for the shadows/skin/highlight road first because it will be easier for you to get the feel of painting and still have a nice result. Basicly makes it a bit easier to concentrate on learning to get used to painting without having to fight the paint too. Once you've gotten used to how the paint feels with your brush and feel comfortable applying that paint then I would experiment and see which way you will prefer to do it.

Maya~