Class tickets online NOW

kit

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Artists

I thought I'd post up a little more info on the classes I'm teaching in case anyone would find it helpful in deciding whether or not to take one.

PC10-06, PC10-24: Basing Tools & Techniques

Appropriate to all levels. I'll cover stuff like dealing with integral bases, gravel and flock for more novice basers. I'll also have lots of more intermediate gadgets and tools to look at like textured styrene, lots of different things to use for foliage, water effects, putties and so on. It's a round table discussion format, so anyone who attends is very welcome to bring along any of your cool basing stuff to show people, or minis you want basing ideas for. There will be a goodie bag and the opportunity to experiment with some of the stuff during the class.

PC10-13: Faces & Flesh

This is a hands-on class that will cover painting skin, with an emphasis on the face. We'll all paint areas of the same mini together so you can compare what you're doing with what I do as we go along. I'll go over a couple of different methods I use for painting skin. Includes a detailed hand-out, and there will be a 72mm Sophie with exaggerated skin layering you can look at during class.

PC10-19: Painting Hair

This is also a hands-on class where we'll all paint the hair of the same mini together so you'll be able to study and practice each stage of painting as we go along. While I do have one less foot of hair than last year, I still have a good two feet of my own hair to use as a reference, so as bonus you can ask me to stand in silly positions so you can study how the light falls on real hair. :-> Will hopefully include a detailed hand-out, but at the very least will include some reference pictures and colour recipes.

I'm not always great at posting my stuff in the Show-Off Forum, so if you'd like to see examples of my painting and bases, the best place to look is probably my CMON gallery.

Following Wren's lead I'd like to expand upon the description of a couple of my classes as well:

PC10-18: Painting Textures with Noel Meyer, Fri, 4PM

Also includes things like brocades or linens, where you can see the grain of the fabric and soft fur or feathers painted onto a smooth surface.

PC10-35: Special Effects with Water Effects with Noel Meyer, Sun, 4PM

While I will cover the basics of standard water bases, this class is also about everything else cool you can do with water effects. Stained glass windows, mud and rain, slushey ice and snow, icicles, cool looking spell effects, heck I've even done fire with water effects!

• Reaper User

Thanks for the class description clarifications, guys!! ::D:

I wanted to teach something other than Color Theory but realized that I was going to be swamped dealing with the painting competition...so if anyone wants a demo on something else, or has a question, seek me out upstairs or down and I will make some time to talk to you. ::):

--Anne ::):

Thanks for the class description clarifications, guys!! ::D:

I wanted to teach something other than Color Theory but realized that I was going to be swamped dealing with the painting competition...so if anyone wants a demo on something else, or has a question, seek me out upstairs or down and I will make some time to talk to you. ::):

--Anne ::):

Thanks Anne!

• Artists

If you've ever wished you could do the kinds of things Froggy The Great can do, this class will put you well on your way!

I constantly wish for the kind of creativity that Froggy the Great has (or even just 10% of it!), but alas I fear this is not something that can be taught. :-<