Sign in to follow this  
KyleGibson

Galacta 25 - Retro Sci Fi

Awesome!

What company/minis are all those?

EDIT: I Googled and found some cool links for Galacta 25. Apparently, they were from Heritage Models and are really old, like 70's and 80's. This site seems to want to pick them up again: http://www.mudpuppygames.com/MGminiatures.html

They make me want to play Sci-fi and I haven't done that in years!

After all my searching on Galacta 25, I'd have to say those are by far the best examples of those minis in the world. Ever. Without a doubt.

Is there no where you can buy these things new anymore? Do you still play this game? What do they call their version of lightsabers (if not that)? For instance, GURPS calls them plasmafausts, IIRC.

Unfortunately, some of the sculpts on eBay and such look dreadful by today's standards. Looks like they went out of business a couple years before I was born. :D

Some of the first models I ever bought. That takes me back. I don't know if Mudpuppy Games is still online or not. I'll have to check when I get home as too many mini/game sites are blocked at work.

They are cool old school models, but not as dreadful as some produced way back when.

Some of these are available here:

http://www.classicminiatures.net/

under the products tab. If they interest you at all, send out an e-mail to the web site's owner, Michael Thomas, and he'll let you know about prices and such.

I bought the rules at last year's Reapercon, and ordered a few dozen minis from Michael as noted here. He got them to me in very reasonable time, and the price was good.

These are great. They take me back also. I got a set of these back in 1979 for a Christmas present. I had them still in 1985 (While in the Navy), but then I left all my stuff at my dads house when I was transferred, and my whole case of miniatures disappeared. I would like to get some of them again and may have to go to the suggested site and pick some up. Thanks for the walk down memory lane. Keep up the great work.

These are fantastic Kyle! Thanks for sharing. I just bought a bunch of these off ebay. Man I wish they were back--looks like Mudpuppy Games is no more. :(

I wonder who has the rights/molds now?