Sign in to follow this  
mousekiller

Mousekillers Daemons of Chaos

THE DEMONS OF CHAOS

LORD OF THE ABYST - 430 points

GARGOYLES - 60 points

LORDS: 87.76% HEROES: 0% CORE: 0% SPECIAL: 12.24% RARE: 0%

TOTAL: 490 points. I realize that the army is completely illegal at this point! I will work some core units up.

post-2668-0-08583000-1422859045_thumb.jpg

Nothingness. This was often the experience had by the creatures that inhabit the Court of the Covenant, those who are responsible to keep the peace in the neutral territory of the gods. A place where physical beings could never venture, where the mind and will are the only reality. Even amongst the Gods of Chaos, something must exist to control the uncontrolled. Here, it is the Lord of the Abyst, the keeper of the covenant. No one knows why, or how, but it simply is. The Gods will always remain neutral at the court, never engaging in hostile acts upon one another. A place where agreements can be made, alliances molded, and plans made. Mostly, nothingness.

But on this day, Abyst could sense that a balance in the world was off, something or someone was not following the rules, something was happening that would change the world forever. Suddenly, the court was full of smells of death and decay, disease and pestilence. It was not unexpected that Nurgle Plaguefather would be the first to arrive, as was his way. Soon, these smells were replaced by perfume and sweat, a feeling of nostalgia and wanting. It was always a means of humility to Abyst that these Gods could make him feel things, even as powerful as he himself was. One of the few Demon Lords that existed who owed allegiance to none, to none but the Court itself. The slender and pale skinned Slaanesh, the Dark Prince, entered, to take his seat beside the great unclean one. Neither said a word, both simply waiting in silence for the remainder of the Gods to arrive. Suddenly the feelings of lust and longing were replaced by rage, a complete and consuming urge to kill, to destroy something, anything. Khorne, the blood god, the god of war and destruction, arrived to his throne beside the other two. The quiet contemplation the other two engaged in was far from the atmosphere now, the skull collector demanding to know where the fourth was. What seemed an eternity passed, although in this realm time was meaningless. “Where is he?†Khorne again demanded, the rage inside of him noticeably building. “I will play this game no longer!†As Khorne began to rise, laughter came from the throne of the trickster, and suddenly the seat was occupied by Tzeentch, the Changer of Ways and Weaver of Fates. “I have been here for some time brother; you just did not see me! Now, why have we all been summoned to the Court? I have important things to attend to!â€

The Lord of the Abyst approached the table from the shadows. His place was to stand; no seat existed for him in this place. His duty was to facilitate, and communicate the messages that he often received for the Gods to deliberate over. “Fathers, something in this world has changed. Something that threatens our very existence.†With this message, the Gods began to plan.

WIP Link:

Works in Progress

ARMY Links:

NEUTRAL ARMIES:

Dwarves

GOOD ARMIES:

Empire

CHAOS ARMIES:

Mortals of Chaos

Daemons of Chaos

Beastherd

DEATH ARMIES:

Vampire Counts

Tomb Kings

DESTRUCTION ARMIES:

Orcs and Goblins

Ogre Kingdoms

Skaven

Edited by mousekiller
  • Like 5

this is nice work, rally dig how you using these models.

i used genestealers and some other nid models for my slaanesh/dark elves army, basing the fact the keeper of secrets

had four arms, so then would use witch elves pure, to half spliced with 'stealers to full stealers of the more they are corrupted

they more they start to look like their greater daemon . army is back in the home country, so no pics, but seeing your mini, might just get to start re doing a unit here!

once again great work, will be on the look out for them when painted!

Ok guys, here is a first run at one of these. Keep in mind the details still need to get done, and probably a few final highlights here and there. Also, the lava base is only in the red stage at this point. The intent was to use reds (khorne), greens (nurgle), blue/pink (tzeentch), and palish white (slaanesh).

post-2668-12720754828918_thumb.jpg

post-2668-12720754916376_thumb.jpg

post-2668-12720754977504_thumb.jpg

Ferox: I think they are... though I don't really follow 40k I just love these models though...

Diamond Shark: If you ever get back to those minis mate I would love to see them...

• Like 4

Following this with interest, as I picked up a box of the same guys (they are indeed Hormagaunts) and am looking forward to chopping them up as bits for my foulspawn collection. Some of them will be left relatively intact (I love what you did reposing them) to serve as generic insectoid horrors. Great job on this guy's carapace, btw.

MK, you sure amaze me with the amount of work you take on and the quality with which you finish them...following this one on top of your other ones now!

THE GARGOYLES

The Gargoyles are the gate keepers of the Court of the Covenant, and take their commands and orders from the Lord of the Abyst. In their incorporeal form, in which they exist while at court, they appear as nightmares, as monsters and creatures that will drive any person mad if seen. It is not uncommon for these Demons to venture into the mortal realm, where they inhabit the statues and stone creatures that adorn the towers and churches of the Old World. Often times these stone creatures will awaken to swoop into a town, each gargoyle having its own motive for doing so. Every gargoyle has its own needs; some require blood to sustain the physical form, others the lives of innocent children, and others the simple terror and fear caused when they arrive. Whatever the need, the gargoyles are normally solitary creatures who visit the mortal world only to fulfill these needs. The last time that the Gargoyles were brought into the physical form in force was during the Great Cataclysm, which changed the world beyond repair. Recently, Abyst has recalled many of the Gargoyles from their excursions, gathering together for something even they are not aware of.

Manufacturer: Reaper Miniatures.

Completed: 2008

At CMON: GARGOYLES

post-2668-0-49212600-1422515940_thumb.jpg

post-2668-0-39945400-1422515960_thumb.jpg

Edited by mousekiller
  • Like 7

ABYST, LORD OF THE ABYST AND OVERSEER OF THE COURT OF THE COVENANT

Abyst is one of the few Daemon Lords who exist primarily to keep peace between the greater gods of Chaos, a Daemon whose allegiance is to none but to that of keeping order in the realm of chaos, and in particular in the Court of the Covenant, where the greater gods of Chaos often meet to decide the fate or future of the many servants of Chaos. Of course, each of the gods of Chaos has their own agenda, as they represent the needs of their own realms and those things that may give them an edge over the other Chaos gods. Although Abyst is a formidable daemon, it is only in the Court of the Covenant that he has enough power to actually impose his will upon the Chaos gods, and even then that power only exists when it is needed to ensure the peace of the Covenant. Abyst does have the ability to leave the court, but when he does so it is only for important need, as he becomes vulnerable in his physical form.

Manufacturer: Reaper Miniatures.

Sculptor: Jim Johnson and Jason Wiebe

Completed: 23 JAN 2015

post-2668-0-34378400-1459482085_thumb.jpg

post-2668-0-11742700-1459482098_thumb.jpg

At CMON: LORD OF THE ABYST

• Like 4