Sign in to follow this  
Gus Landt

Reapercon Warlord tournament scenarios

I did read the Deployments (once more paying attention this time) and it says the model has a standard base but there's nothing about movement. I'm fine with it moving at the same rate as the Handler. Just wanted to be sure I was clear on it.

My apologies; the rest of the relevant information is in Special Rules/Notes. The prisoner peforms no independent actions, is immune to all damage, and always moves in B2B with the Handler. Since the prisoner is not a model from your army list, and has no movement rate of its own, it must move at whatever rate the Handler does, as it remains in B2B with the Handler.

~v

The prisoner exchange scenario has me sweating bullets since I was planning on bringing a Mage Warlord. That could be a very fast paced game...

I'ts a badly designed scenario. It grants a huge advantage to whoever gets the first move on the first turn, and heavily favors whoever brings the biggest close-combat general.

-Lionheart.

It's funny you should say that as I defeated a Reptus list led by the Broodmaster (the most melee warlord there is just about) with a Nefsokar list headed by Neb'Nesew Nepet (not at all melee). . AND I had to go 3rd in the first turn ( I really should include more initiative conrol in my list). If you focus on the objectives and less on just killing it has a great effect.

Joshua

I'ts a badly designed scenario. It grants a huge advantage to whoever gets the first move on the first turn, and heavily favors whoever brings the biggest close-combat general.

-Lionheart.

Lol and somehow I won this game and the local tournament With Xeldorian and a caster (D'Khul)as my handler against Orba (with an assassins blade) and Mika, 2 pure melee models! I guesses there's more than one way to play the game....

-Lionheart.

Lol and somehow I won this game and the local tournament With Xeldorian and a caster (D'Khul)as my handler against Orba (with an assassins blade) and Mika, 2 pure melee models! I guesses there's more than one way to play the game....

I can see where Xeldorian.. would have some advantages in in this scenario... but don't believe Lionheart.. or do believe Lionheart and counter those weaknesses..as in all games. play to your strengths and expoloit your enemies weaknesses

It seems like these tournament restrictions might imply that some modifications might be necessary outside of tournament play as well.

I'm jus' sayin'.

Never again. Please oh please don't do it. Give me the 3 simple rules during tournament play over trying to figure out what model's stats changed ANY day.

The Scenarios look sweet. I can't wait to show everyone in Texas how Warlord is handled in Ohio.

As long as I am in charge, there will never be changes to the datacards in the core rulebook. If we need to restrict/modify anything, we will put it in the annual tournament book. Even there, though, I will not change a datacard. The 3 rules changes you see are indicative of what you can expect for tweaks in the future (although at this point in time I think we've caught everything).

Local groups can decide for themselves if they want to use the latest tournament rules changes for their casual games.

Perhaps, then, you can put these suggested unofficial modifications on reapergames.com, perhaps on the same page as errata/clarifications in a new section.

"We have found, through various playtesting, that making the following minor modifications may improve your gaming experience, but are not official rules modifications."

Not everyone keeps a careful eye on the forums, and I feel like advertising these tweaks would only benefit the game.

But maybe it will just be confusing.

/me shrugs

Oddly enough, I don't see your list in the top 10.

Oddly enough, I don't see your opponent's list in the top 10, either.

Oddly enough, you didn't mention who got the first activation in your game, either.

In fact, there are only two lists led by melee-soft spellcasters in the top 10. Kudos to Daren and Dan for pulling that off - I know they're both solid players.

-Lionheart.

Oddly enough, you didn't mention who got the first activation in your game, either.

In fact, there are only two lists led by melee-soft spellcasters in the top 10. Kudos to Daren and Dan for pulling that off - I know they're both solid players.

-Lionheart.

Once we found out that we were overbooked for the Warlord tournament (because we didn't set a hard cap on the number of people we allowed to register) we had to face a very hard decision on how we would tell players who were excited and prepared to play that they could not do so due to our bad planning. Doug was very gracious to volunteer to sit out on the Reaper Con tournament, along with several other very talented players, to make sure that people who traveled many miles and who may not have had a chance to participate in a Warlord Tournament would have the chance to do so. Feel free to disparage me or the Reaper staff for bad planning, but please do not take shots at people who volunteered to sit out and help run the event so that everyone else could play and have fun.

Well, my list *is* in the top 10. I can tell you that a) my opponent got first activation, but it did not prevent me from winning the game, and b) Boris was largely not a factor in this particular scenario. He was, however, hugely successful in the other two games. I think that your assessment of the scenario is perhaps a tad over-simplified.

Feel free to take shots at me all you want; I'm a big boy, I can take it.

~v

Edited by Shakandara

The prisoner exchange scenario has me sweating bullets since I was planning on bringing a Mage Warlord. That could be a very fast paced game...

-Lionheart.

I disagree, my opponent did their ranger move away, drew the first two initiative cards and moved their warlord and handler back. Then they pushed their beefiest troops forward and I still slugged it through to win total points. I had a mid-cost cavalry captain as my warlord and he made it through the whole game as well as the handler.

-Lionheart.

How did you fare in the competition Lionheart? With your assumptions about how to play the scenarios did you finish in the top three? Ten?