Sign in to follow this  
nytflyr

360 days until Reapercon '11!

Yeah, well, I'll be there.

I teach public school. Special ed, specializing in behavior disorders. There are two weeks left before summer vacation.

Autistic? Might be one of mine. Oppositional-defiant? Likely one of mine. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder? Sure sounds like one of mine. Absolute rotten poisonous little bastich that is determined to screw up your day, his day, and everyone else's within reach? Yup, he's one of mine.

Taking a long weekend to pillage the Boneyard, roll some dice, and paint some minis up in Denton helps keep me sane through the end of the school year, people. There are parents in the local schools who owe ReaperBryan and company their children's lives.

Maybe 2011 will be my year. And Doc...ya' scare me, sometimes. Just a little. When I read things like that, I cringe while thinking of possible headlines, like "Special Ed Teacher Goes Berserk; Investigators Blame Metal Addiction". <shudder> But you know I mean that in the nicest of ways... ::):::D:

I've already setup a savings account to set money aside and save for next year, doing the same for origins and Gencon. Money was just too tight this year with my new born kid.

Lori and I are **determined** to make it out next year! I am so bummed I haven't been able to attend the last few years - and to make matters worse, my ability to paint has been sporadic at best. I'm determined to finally fix that....

I'm also going to do my best to start saving to get to Reapercon 2011 ::): It looks like so much fun! I wish teleportation was a reality.. someday!

I've tried a separate savings account, but Real Life always wiped it out before it really even got started. Also, I had to make a choice between a short family vacation and Reaper Con, so the family won out. Origins is much closer, and Gen Con is close enough that I can day-trip it, if needed. Still, I am working on making some job adjustments, so maybe things will be better next year.

Unless we all have a terrible falling out, the new, improved Radio Free Hommlet Road Show will be back. Our first year, the notice was kind of short and we just showed up and hung out. This year, we had some games to run that we thought worked well with the Reaper Con schedule - our Fast Crawls.

(Incidentally, Reaperbryan named the RFH Fast Crawl. We told him what we wanted to do, and he came up with the cool name for the schedule.)

We used this time to study what we were doing so we could do better next year. We'll have a better payout schedule for Reaperbucks. We hope to have representational minis for the characters, and improved character packets that make it faster to find the character you want to play. We should have banners that make it easier to find us, and a few new maps for the Fast Crawl.

We'll almost certainly have a huge bounty encounter like the dragon.

I really hope we record at the Con again. That was fun. I'd like to get a con-goer or two who'd like to talk about gaming and about his (or her) history with Reaper and Reaper Con. (Don't ask me about this right now. There's no way I'd remember we said we'd interview you a year from now.) :)

I think you'll like it.

DM David

Radio Free Hommlet

PS: nytflyr, are you the same guy who uses that handle on RPG.net? I'm David Goodner over there.

PS: nytflyr, are you the same guy who uses that handle on RPG.net? I'm David Goodner over there.

yup, same guy

I hope to make it next year but who knows what might come up, besides I gotta get the same room at the BW for a 4th year in a room (net reservations & I haven't asked for that room)