June-September 2010 Summer Mini Exchange

Well, life has gotten in the way of my painting again. :down:

I am working on the painting today, after finally getting the rest done. Not quite all I wanted to do, but it will work. I hope to have it finished and out soon (insert Reaper ™ here.)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little reminder that we are entering the home stretch for this exchange. Please try to finish up your exchange projects before the deadline if possible. I bit off a project that turned out to be more work than I was expecting, but I'll be making the push to try to finish on-time myself. Once we hit the deadline, I'll scan the thread for the list of those that have sent and start updating. Thanks again to everyone for their participation!

~v

Finally got my fig's base done, and the figure mounted. It's now gone from a collection of parts to a whole, and damned if it doesn't look good. Much more inspiring to paint. I don't think it's as stable as I would have liked (I'm not gonna test it!), but since I wasn't asked for a gaming fig I don't think that'll be an issue.

I bit off a project that turned out to be more work than I was expecting, but I'll be making the push to try to finish on-time myself.

~v

I feel you there. Mine has turned out to be the same way - I knew what mini I wanted to paint but wanted an inspiring base to put her on. Figuring that out took a while. Now that it's all finally come together (including that bit I forgot I needed to sculpt something on until I'd started priming everything...) I'm really excited!

Base coat is done. This has been a particularly frustrating figure to paint, as my primary brush has been disintegrating throughout the process and no amount of conditioner, brush soap, W&N brush cleaner, or dread invocation from the Necronomicon will get it to hold its shape properly for more than five seconds at a time. So I've been working with my #00 Series 7 and an ancient Games Workshop brush. On the other hand, I should be able to ship on schedule.

I'm going to be a few days late as well: I'm probably going to finish things off this weekend and get the mini in the mail on Monday. I have a great excuse -- writing my PhD dissertation -- but there's no reason I couldn't have seen this coming and put in the painting effort a month ago, so it's kind of superfluous :-/.

JimL, that looks great.

Signed, sealed, and I'm heading out to put her in the mail with today's date as we speak. SCORE ONE FOR THE MONKEY! And yeah, the images aren't the best, but seeing as I was rushing to finish her last night, and I don't have time to finagle today, it'll just have to do. The poor recipient will have to snap some shots of their own, perhaps.

gabriella2front.jpg

gabriella2back.jpg

I love deadlines. I love that "whooshing" noise they make as they go flying by.... :lol:

Publicly shame me, I am not done either. In fact, not even close to done. I spent most of the last month being unable to paint, so that didn't help. No excuses, though. I will finish it, and as soon as possible. I'm looking forward to having some time to paint this weekend (house to myself).

~v