Need an idea for Dark Sun Minis

With Dark Sun comming out this Summer I am going to settle down and paint up some models. I am looking for ideas as to what minis would work. So far I have this guy:

http://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/02688

and of course you need this guy

http://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/03142

But I need other ideas. They must have primal looking weapons and armor. So no metal. Clubs, and stone type weapons is the key. Post your ideas.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, just go on ebay and get some dark sun figures from ral partha. They are pretty easy to find, and cheap. The entire line, are at least most of it, is sculpted by Sandra Garrity. I got the entire range and paid no more than 150.00 for the whole range. You can see them at www.dndlead.com just go to the Ral Partha Link and then the Dark Sun link.

I don't know if you're still looking around, but I'm gearing up for Dark Sun, too, and also picked out Jaatu and Zizzix, as well as Leila Mordollwen and Tierdeleira. Another one that I looked at but didn't get was Goldar. (I really like that they have names. :blush: ) I think they'll have a suitably savage look with the right colors, and I'll be making Tierdeleira's weapon look like it's made of obsidian shards. Some things, like the occasional armor piece or small blade, I'll be trying to pass off as bone or an insect part.

I'm new to painting, but quickly seeing the appeal. We might be using some of the same figures, but we'll paint them differently. I'd like to see your take on them when we're done. ::D:

Hi! First-time poster here. :-)

So I keep getting outbid whenever old-school Ral Partha DS minis show up on ebay. :-( So I'm trying to look for Reaper equivalents instead. From the posts above, thri-kreen, male mul, and a bunch of shamans are already covered. Thanks! Now I was wondering if anyone here have suggestions for :

*female mul (bald fighter women are hard to find @[email protected])

*Sorcerer-kings, Nibenay in particular. I really want the dragon king Ral Partha mini for him, but it's so hard to bid on it. @[email protected] I'm looking for a way to represent abalach-Re and Hamanu as well, but I think they'll be easier to figure out. I may experiment with mixing dragon and sphinx for Hamanu.

With Dark Sun comming out this Summer I am going to settle down and paint up some models. I am looking for ideas as to what minis would work.

Does it need to be pewter? If not, McFarlane's Dragons series 4 sorcerer clan dragon makes an excellent Dragon of Tyr and should heave more than enough texture for painting.

borysofebesa5.jpg

img269.imageshack.us/img269/346/borysofebesa5.jpg