Looking for some miniatures

Michael-TLH

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the first familiar pack(2018) has a wolf in it, the only bears I can think of are saddled riding bears(2294 & 2385).  The dire wolves (2415) are larger than the familar wolf.  The sabertooth tiger (2480) is the only "cat".  The dire boar(2527) is also there.

Probably not exactly what you wanted to hear, jump over to the wish list threads and speak up there.

welcome to the boards,

cbs

I think this may have been said before in another post, but there is a manufacturer out there called Irregular miniatures that puts out a lont of "normal" animal miniatures. †I know they have tigers and wolves, but I'm not sure how much else they may have that fits your needs.

One note, they are on a scale slightly smaller than Reaper's and are not near the same quality. †Nonetheless, they may be the right answer in desperation. †You might take a look at them at: †Discount Hobby

Ral Partha did a series (before they went belly-up) of two boxed sets, The Animals of North America and The Animals of Africa. They included cougars, bears, wolves, deer, a bobcat, a rattlesnake, a badger, a fox, a wolverine, and maybe some others, then it was an elephant, some lions, a hippo & crocodile (in and out of water), a giraffe, and some antelope (and maybe some others). They also released these in blister packs. You might be lucky enough to find them on a clearance shelf somewhere, but more likely you would have to look for them on an auction site like Ebay.

The website for 100 kingdoms ahs a miniture page. On the feline page there is a cheetah. (here is the web site http://www.100kingdoms.com/) Also check out Draggletown as he carries a wide variety of brand names. he has everything listed by company or class. There might be something there. (website http://www.dragglestown.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv0

otherwise e-bay for the ral Partha box sets (reviously mentioned) and/ or maybe some grenadier minis. Look in the miniatures listed by "lot" too. Sometime you can buy the lot, take what you need and sell the rest back on e-bay.

Lady Tam

Ral Partha did a series (before they went belly-up) of two boxed sets, The Animals of North America and The Animals of Africa. They included cougars, bears, wolves, deer, a bobcat, a rattlesnake, a badger, a fox, a wolverine, and maybe some others, then it was an elephant, some lions, a hippo & crocodile (in and out of water), a giraffe, and some antelope (and maybe some others). They also released these in blister packs. You might be lucky enough to find them on a clearance shelf somewhere, but more likely you would have to look for them on an auction site like Ebay.

Speak of the devil a local store by me has BOTH of those half off

They're still available, too. The thing is, Alliance Distribution has a massive choke hold on the majority of the games distribution market and refuses to carry ANY of the old Ral Partha lines except for BattleTech. So your FLG/HS may not be able to get them for you. Just call them up and order direct though, and you should have your order within a month or so (they're REAL slow).

I've used - uh, make that bought - irregular miniatures because I did need a variety of ungulates, ovines, etc. My Stag was waist high to a reaper human character mini - and don't get me started about the antler that broke in shipment & was ultimately unrepairable (to thin & flexible, impossible to rejoin w/o without a big bulging wart).

I'll never buy Irregular again. Too bad, of course, because they do have the best selection - in numbers, not quality.

PS... Wow, I'm back!