Looking for some miniatures

Michael-TLH

Drizz't irritates me. I made a good drow character LONG before he ever appeared. When I got my first printing of the Fiend Folio and read about them I thought "COOL! I'm going to make one, only she's going to be good !!"

No, she wasn't a ranger. No, she didn't dual wield swords. No, she didn't have a magical companion friend and never will.

But as soon as I try, these days, to introduce her into a group all I get is "Another Drizz't clone?"

It's enough to make me pull my hair out. I don't, of course, since that would hurt.

Instead I BONK! them. Repeatedly. Much as I do to lstormhammer  :p

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

y'know...

a smooth cloak may actually mean FEWER problems with twigs, briars & branches if you are carrying a significant amound of gear.

Not to mention Rained on! You don't want your spare clothes soaked after all!

A cloak is much more functional than you think...

No it isnt.

My spare clothes, bowstrings, fletching kit etc is carried in a waterproof pack. Leather armour versus a cloak = things catch much more on cloaks. Rogues wear cloaks, wizards sometimes. Rangers shouldn't.

To combine the two threadlets here, I notice most of the Dark Elf minis I can find don't have cloaks.  Maybe the Dark Elf motif Reaper has going assumes that they're in hot regions.  

I do have to say, though, that the Dark Elf warrior girl that they recently put out is a very very nice mini.  Mrs. Garrity has outdone herself.

A cloak is much more functional than you think...

No it isnt.

My spare clothes, bowstrings, fletching kit etc is carried in a waterproof pack. Leather armour versus a cloak = things catch much more on cloaks. Rogues wear cloaks, wizards sometimes. Rangers shouldn't.

i won't carry this on too long, but packs have straps, buttons, tethers.

If you are carrying a waterskin outside your backpack (so you can drink whenever you are thirsty), a quiver, a bow, one or two belt pouches (for things you need in combat, so you can drop your backpack at the start of a fight & lose the encumbrance) and one or two scabbards, you might, depending on tech level & craftsmanship, already be better off with a cloak.

--but your mileage may vary

in portland oregon in rains constantly but hardly anyone uses an umbrella. maybe rangers are in the rain so much they don't care anymore?

lots of ways to think about it, but even if cloaks don't help much in your world, the sculptors aren't necessarily thinking about your world.

sucks, but we _can_ keep nagging them for different minis...

Wrong thread I know, but the topic seems to suit.  I seem to recall someone wanting to find a pack of the "Grateful Undead".  Well, I just found one on e-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1770258007

Persoanlly, I'm seeking the Birthright box sets from Ral Partha.  If anyone stumbles across one of these, I'd appreciate a heads up.

Morgramen, 2 things: 1) the Greatful Undead is still available from Ironwind. Just call them and ask for the Direct Mail Order Catalog. The number is 1-800-543-0272. 2) I wish we had had contact a while ago, as I sold my untouched set of Birthright Villains to a complete dip$#!^ who went ans ruined or lost most of them, and his little brother mangled most of the ones he still has! GGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:  I say, do as the bumper sticker commands; NEUTER THE STUPID!!!!

"Somebody, empty the genepool before those fools try to take a dip!"

I wish we had had contact a while ago, as I sold my untouched set of Birthright Villains to a complete dip$#!^ who went ans ruined or lost most of them, and his little brother mangled most of the ones he still has!

NOOOOOooOooOO! †Say it ain't so!!!!

Dang! †So close, yet so far away!!! I've been hunting thsoe figures for nearly 3 years. †I managed to find some individual minis (the Spider & the CHimera) but otherwise, not much luck.

Would have been sweet to have a Gorgon of my very own. †I'd love him and hug him and call him George.

So what we need us the uber-custom mini of a guy from Portland who gets translated back in time, and becomes a ranger and doesn't wear a cloak.

I call him "Bob."

That's freaky coz my Ranger character is actually called 'Bob'.

Truly, you are Gawdlike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in portland oregon in rains constantly but hardly anyone uses an umbrella. maybe rangers are in the rain so much they don't care anymore?

That's a very good thought which hadn't occured to me before. I like that.