Here is a test scheme for a Dark Elf army...I was given the main colors and them put my own spin on it. Its a decent size army so for the troopers I needed to keep the paintjob to under an hour each and for the mounted guys, under 2 hours. The customer will be adding the basing after the painting is completed so that saved a wee bit of time. I pulled it off so the project should get started soon!!! So here they are...super fast table top action!! ha ha

post-4384-12765083642815.jpg

post-4384-1276508365385.jpg

post-4384-12765083667227.jpg

post-4384-12765083676273.jpg

post-4384-12765083685265.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as much as i hate to see you have to paint to such a basic standard, it's good to see you continue to get work...

fast, cheap, tabletop armies is a much easier sell than trying to convince someone that they want to spend $300 on one mini's paintjob...

should be a fun project, as the new plastic Corsairs and Cold One Knights are awesome minis...

cheers

jah

Fantastic work especially for just one hour! I would never pick that scheme, as I just don't think the colors work together (and I have tried in the past before I understood color theory), but as you say the customer wants what they want.

I like the color scheme, I just think it would look better if you were able to take these to a more display quality level. I am not sure about the horse version though. I do not remember dark elves riding horses since horses would have a hard time getting around in the caverns of the underworld. Even though, the horses paint job is great.

Neat colour scheme, I dig it, it'll definitely stand out as an army on a table. Can't wait to see more!

@cookjimjr - Dark Elves in Warhammer don't live underground. I won't quote GW history as to how dark elves came to be in Warhammer, as I've been out of the whole GW thing for a while, but they are surface dwelling. So dark elves riding horses is just fine, especially since they are a unit in their army book :P

I like the colors. Turquoise is a beautiful color but hard to work with and you demonstrate how it should look. I think they look fine together. Militarily, the colors were meant to be easily identifiable on the field, with lots of contrast, so any wild combination is reasonable. Mauves and fuschai were not popular though.