Minis we would like to see (Fantasy Version)

ladystorm

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See, I forgot where Black Leaf came from. So I hit the link. And ended up on a site I would rather have never visited. Who knows what kind of paranoid software program they're running over there and what kind of spam I'm going to get now.

In any case, aren't those tracts and mention of them banned on most hobby sites? I know I avoid the topic, when possible.

Female Satyr Ranger

something like 03053, but female

preferably with a bow and arrow

preferably without the nudity of 03280

I paint minis as a visual history of the characters I play, and I drew up my current character without realizing that there wasn't a mini in your lineup that well suited my character. Thanks for considering my request, though.

And having read through this entire thread now, I'm going to throw one more idea out there:

I dare someone to throw together an anthropomorphic platypus. A were-platypus, if you will.

I'd totally throw that mini in every campaign I DM.

Hi everyone, this has been discussed in some miniatures wishlist posts in the past but I would love to see Reaper's talented sculptors have a go at the froghemoth. The monster has always been a favourite of mine, strange and fantastic as it is, and pathfinder put it right in their core monster book. Since Reaper are producing the iconic pathfinder adventurers maybe they could have a go at this Iconic monster?

I would like to know who else would like to see a froghemoth miniature produced and if reaper have any plans to do so already.

And having read through this entire thread now, I'm going to throw one more idea out there:

I dare someone to throw together an anthropomorphic platypus. A were-platypus, if you will.

I'd totally throw that mini in every campaign I DM.

Does Platypod not fit the bill, then?

I had a thought while looking at the latest previews and admiring the rather fierce minotaur there - how about a female minotaur? Could be fun....

Taurus is from Latin — specifically means "Bull". Mino + taur originally meant 'Bull of Minos'. So, a "female minotaur" would be a 'female bull' :blink:

Latin for cow, cattle is Bos, Bovis. (think...'Bossie') So, if the original Minotaur had had a twin sister she would've been the Minoboss ? :unsure:

I would love to see a sculpt of my story's main character. Looks like a elf (ears, face, body build) But with feathered wings, a long dragon-like tail with a feathered tip, long fingernails and toenails, and long slender horns.

A nice Tenniel style Jabberwock would be a fun thing to paint. I have the old Ral Partha one, but I'm sure someone at Reaper could improve on it.

Speaking of Partha -- they used to do a "Dwarf Ornithopter", a steam powered flappy wingy thing with a Viking-dragon carved head on the prow and a gleeful drunk dwarf in the cockpit. I'd love to see something like that back on the market.

I am never going to understand the fascination with pregnant women in 28mm.

Another thing I have always wondered about is why there are very few blacksmiths, beggars, or street merchants available in miniature, but every minis manufacturer out there sells a three-pack of whores... I think this indicates a very skewed view on someone's part of what you'd see upon wandering into a medieval village. EVERY village had to have a blacksmith, and most had street merchants of some kind, but I'm pretty sure Conan didn't actually have to kick hooker swarms out of his way to get to the tavern... although "Hooker Swarm" could make an interesting Monster Manual entry...

Reaper makes several dogs. More VARIETY of dogs would be nice... German shepherds, sheepdogs, Irish setters, huskies, rottweilers, Weiner dogs... could make for a very interesting sled team diorama. Or, in the case of the dachshund, a very unique choice of wizard's familiar.

Cats in 25mm with a little more variety would be fun.

Something usable for 4th edition shamans would be extremely useful... since Wizards of the Coast has, like the Dragonborn, pretty much dropped the ball on minis for this class.

MONKS! there are very few monk miniatures out there.

But Reaper already has around a dozen martial artist-style Monk miniatures, inclding Males, Females, and Demi-humans (Orc, Dwarf, Halfling and Elf) :blink:

no female elf monk, no hellborn monk, no female dwarf monk...yeah they have monks but not in near the diversity that they have other classes

and while we are on the subject of it...more not-warforged