Minis we would like to see (Fantasy Version)

ladystorm

Jabberwock (why hasn't this been done yet anyway?)

Ral Partha did a Jabberwocky years ago, based on the original John Tenniel illustration from Alice in Wonderland. I'm not sure if Iron Wind Metals still sells it or not, though (they seem to be having problems keeping a lot of things in productions these days) :rolleyes:

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Requests:

Skeleton sorcerer in hooded robe, no weapons or armor, nothing fancy; crypt thing.

Harpies, standard fantasy ones, including ones on the ground, wings spread.

Treasure chest (open) with no base.

Treasure chest (closed) with no base.

Zombies (human) in medieval fantasy clothes with no weapons.

These are the minis already listed in this thread that I second with my comments in bold:

• Aristocrats, fancily dressed, looking haughty.
  • Bar patrons< holding mug, sitting down with optional chair perhaps, slumped over counter passed out, playing cards or dice etc
  • Bone pack: set of skulls, leg bones, ribs, spines, etc. Not all human or even humanoid.
  • Bouncer looking menacing. Arms folded over chest with cudgel on lanyard hanging from wrist or belt.
  • Commoners/townsfolk women who are not strumpets.
  • Cook female
  • Cook male
  • Court nobles (without drawn weapons) added to the townsfolk series.
  • Courtiers
  • Friendly merchant making supplicating gestures
  • Furnishings. Such as tables, benches, treasure chests, etc. In either metal or prepainted plastic.
  • Horses. Not mounted minis, but saddled/unsaddled horses and pack horses.
  • Human street merchants: fruit seller with cart, hotfood vendor with cart, chestnut seller, teamster with team (horses, oxen, mules, whatever), peasant girl with basket of eggs
  • Masked highwaymen
  • Medieval maiden/ lady riding sidesaddle on decorated fine horse. And man.
  • Merchant< hawking wares, few other tradesman, some henchmen lugging crates, barrels or bolts of fabric,
  • Merchant< large oily smiled and rubbing hands together looking pleased
  • Minotaur that is in scale of 7.5 to 8 feet tall
  • Minotaurs with swords and not axes
  • Minstrels< harpist, singer, someone with bagpipes, someone with fiddle, maybe jester, or juggler, fortune teller
  • Noble children
  • Noble female
  • Noble male
  • Patrons of all kinds. Bar patrons, etc. Sitting (if possible), standing and leaning.
  • Senators, philosophers, statesmen, etc.
  • Servants (butler, maid, cook, gardener, etc.)
  • Shopkeeps.
  • Standing horses of different types (heavy, light, pony), without riders. Tacked and untacked.
  • Street thugs, threatening with knives or clubs.
  • Street vendor with his wares in cart or basket
  • Tavern patrons. Medieval and ancient. All races
  • Town guards,
  • Townsfolk in robes both men and women
  • Townsfolk, including craftsmen, merchants, lowlifes, nobles, scholars, demihumans.
  • Unarmed human king and queen, and perhaps prince and princess
  • Wagons/carts
  • Western monks (guys in brown robs hood and sandals) as opposed to fantasy eastern monks
  • Youthful pickpocket.. Kindoliver twist / little gavroche type fella
  • Zombies: hard to get some, one with butcher cleave would be great

Cloaked Adventurer With Hood: Way back in the day Ral Partha had a Wizard with Rune Sword. His hand upon the rune sword, his face covered. Could be used for not only the mage who takes the old sword prof, but also for lightly armored warriors like Avengers, Assassins, and Sword Mages. Most cloaked wizards don't have the hood going on. Make it a multi-pack with one open face, one hat face (useful if following the Vampire Hunter D suggestion) and one with a mask and hood.

Fighters with chain mail armor. In 4e, fighters have proficinecy with chain and scale, but no plate. While some may bulk up their fighters to take advantage of heavier armor, they generally don't start that way. It makes finding an appropriately armored mini a huge PIA now.

• Reaper User

Cloaked Adventurer With Hood: Way back in the day Ral Partha had a Wizard with Rune Sword. His hand upon the rune sword, his face covered. Could be used for not only the mage who takes the old sword prof, but also for lightly armored warriors like Avengers, Assassins, and Sword Mages. Most cloaked wizards don't have the hood going on. Make it a multi-pack with one open face, one hat face (useful if following the Vampire Hunter D suggestion) and one with a mask and hood.

Wait until May. Gene Van Horne is working on something just like that right now...

I know there are a lot of female fighter types out there but, I came up with a character back in the 80's that was used in both my AD&D campaign and in a Novel I was writing. I have 2 photos of art work I came up with for her attached. One is sort of a comic strip version (1991) and the other is a painting (amateurish) done back in 1988. Her name in my campaign was "Tara", but I later changed it to "Valaria" for the Novel. The key areas of these pictures of her are the sword, bandanna and her over the knee boots. The sword is not magical but has a personality (it's own entity) and is called "ICE EAGLE". If the sword bonds with it's wielder, then it can bestow powers to that person. One of those powers is the ability to communicate with Eagles, Hawks, Falcons, and Owls as though that person was a druid. One other is a quality of the sword in that it always looks Ice Cold and will freeze the immediate area where its blade has struck.

Tara/Valaria was harmed Physically and Mentally by an evil King. He killed her family and enslaved her for a while until she was able to escape and make it back to where her family's farm once stood. The Sword was her fathers, but had been packed away when he retired from adventuring after she was born. He had buried it in a chest with some coins, jewels, armor and other weapons he had accumulated during his adventuring days. Tara/Valaria knew of the chest and was able to retrieve it. To make the long story short; she bonded with the sword and was granted the powers to take her revenge on the King and his cronies. She went on to champion the causes of the oppressed and enslaved where ever she traveled.

Sorry, thought a little background would help fill her out a little bit more than just the pictures.

ValariaPainting.jpg

Valaria-IceEagle2A.jpg

Jabberwock (why hasn't this been done yet anyway?)

Ral Partha did a Jabberwocky years ago, based on the original John Tenniel illustration from Alice in Wonderland. I'm not sure if Iron Wind Metals still sells it or not, though (they seem to be having problems keeping a lot of things in productions these days) :rolleyes:

Here is a fully painted picture of Jabberwock:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_7YrLieentIE/SX9T7MtnSFI/AAAAAAAAAOk/Gvq47h17sp4/s800/Jabberwock.jpg

I was hunting for fighters with swords when I found this, honest. According to the blog page where I stumbled on this nice picture he is still being produced:

. . . even 27 years after it was first released, the Jabberwock is still available from Iron Wind Metals (and still number 01-095) . . .

That was 17 months ago. Don't know how healthy Ironwind* is. It goes on to say the Jub-Jub Bird and the Frumious Bandersnatch ARE NOT being produced. So, there's a couple of ideas.

*Edit: it took some digging but Jabberwocky is still there, found 'im under IW Fantasy, Legendary Beasts, . . . right between Hydra and Manticore.

Edited by WizardOne

Here's a few types I would really appreciate, as there doesn't seem to be all that many of them.

Completely nude fairies. Sitting or standing. C or pref. smaller breast size.

(Just wings, no loincloth or anything. I find it silly that a fairy would cover her bottom but not her top. Also, she doesn't have to actually show anything. Could be sitting and her hair could cover her breasts)

Unicorns in a neutral stance (not running or rearing back)

Woodland creatures like deer, bears, etc.. in neutral stances (not running or rearing)