Sign in to follow this  
Duliniel

Lucy Meets Mr. Tumnus

I was VERY pleased and surprised that this one garnered a bronze medal in the Open category at ReaperCon. I'd never done anything like this before and, much to my horror, the snow globe inexplicably fogged up on the inside between Houston and Denton. I've since cleaned it out, and it will make a cute bookend, I suppose. Lucy is from one of the Reaper "Townsfolk" blisters. Tumnus' head is from Reaper's Thandir, Elven Scout. His body is from a no-name faun that I got on ebay for $1.

post-2886-12775883434234_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ah-hah - yes, much better than the piccies I could take with the frosting in the globe - good to see it was recoverable!

This is really well done, I like it a lot. My favorite part: creative vision. You had an idea, ran with it and completed it to your satisfaction. That's the essence of the hobby, IMHO - pulling things together from concept to completion. Would love to see more photos from other angles, but this is beautiful work.

Wow, how creative and what a lot of character! The detail work on Lucy is quite nice.

Congratulations on your deserved medal.

pez :zombie:

I liked this one when I saw it on display in the contest, and it looks great in your photo. It's an iconic scene in the story, and I think you pulled it off really well. So glad you were able to get rid of the fogging!