Sign in to follow this  
pez5767

Painted to be sold...

Hey all,

Been focused mostly on getting these out of my closet and painted to be sold on ebay. I figured I would post a couple photos here before the head out.

Started last Friday with assembly and clear coated this weekend. Not too shabby time wise I think.

cheers,

pez :zombie:

post-4760-12777033797656_thumb.jpg

post-4760-12777033878398_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

nice job...

i hope someone picks these up, as they will look great on the gaming table...

did you varnish these guys before you took the pic???

pics always look better before you seal the minis...

keep up the good work...

cheers

jah

Thanks for the support gang!

@Jah:

Yes, I did varnish before I took a picture... three times in fact. I hit them with liberal coat of testors dull, then a top down spray with Krylon Crystal Clear (for maximum protection), and then a final heavy dose of dull coat to take the shine off. I'll have to keep it in mind for the future to hold off until I'm happy with the picture, thanks for the tip! I also noticed how miserably cross-eyed Kayla is... I fixed it. I'll be taking a new pictures before selling.

Thanks for the support gang!

@Jah:

Yes, I did varnish before I took a picture... three times in fact. I hit them with liberal coat of testors dull, then a top down spray with Krylon Crystal Clear (for maximum protection), and then a final heavy dose of dull coat to take the shine off. I'll have to keep it in mind for the future to hold off until I'm happy with the picture, thanks for the tip! I also noticed how miserably cross-eyed Kayla is... I fixed it. I'll be taking a new pictures before selling.

Nice work! Colors really pop which should help them sell on ebay. On the varnish keep in mind excessive varnish of any kind will start to look glossier as time goes on. Slap on enough Dullcoat and eventually the glossiness will start to peak out past the flattening agent. I did this with one of my minis early on and couldn't figure out why it kept looking shinier the more Dullcoat I sprayed on! Also, don't use Testors matte over gloss. They're both lacquer based and the lacquer will remelt the previous coating, so suddenly your Dullcoat is looking very glossy... ::(: Using Dullcoat over an acrylic (like you did) is fine. Acrylic over acrylic is fine too.

FWIW, I'm not a big fan of any Krylon varnish, be it Crystal Clear, UV, etc. I've had too many weird reactions and glossiness... I repainted a Tick action figure once and used the "UV protector" since it was going onto the dash of my car. The varnish never completely dried. Seemed okay at first, but by the next day it was a semi-sticky mess. I eventually stripped and repainted it then coated with Dullcoat.

Later,

Laszlo