Sign in to follow this  
GreyHorde

July Roll Call

I haven't picked up a brush in a month, but I do intend to complete:

-conversion exchange minis (paint)

-Summer exchange mini

-Squadron of ~15 converted Chub familiars, including characters, heavy weapons, and walkabout troops.

As always, this is a moving target.

Conversion exchange painting - 70%

Summer Exchange Mini - No idea

Chubs - done

Converted post-apoc cars - 14 done

-Various Victorian Torchwood antagonists: 30%

etc...

The past week+ has been rough. I have made some progress on GC entries, but RL jumped up and bit me, again. It will take a miracle to finish before the deadline.

Gotta get my Kargir Army painted for Gencon. Here's what I have:

8 x Black Orcs (Hunters, Marauders, and 3 as Tundra Stalkers)

2 x Black Orc Archers

6 x Goblins

Kavorgh

Hyena

Venomspite Gnoll Sniper

5 x Spectral Minions

Talanka Ogre Shamaness

Granak The Butcher

Knax Goblin Shaman

On Saturday I finished the Granak, the 8 black orcs, Kavorgh, and 1 orc archer. I also assembled and based the goblins, the last orc archer, Talanka, the hyenas, and the minions. The goblins and minions have been primed as well.

Minky, glad to see you post what you're working on. Can't wait to see those Kargir all painted up.

Last night was awesome. For the first time ever, I have finished painting an entire army.

03126: Ghoul Queen (Queen)

14594: Avrix Dirthe, Dark Elf Champion

14575: Tierdeleira, Priestess

14586: Female Dark Elf Warrior(Shadowstep) x 7

14590: Liela Mordollwen, Dark Elf Sorceress

03126: Ghoul Queen (Rose Window)

00000: Unknown DHL model proxy

14571: Zalash Dark Elf Assassin

14584: Dark Elf Crossbowman(Shiver Spike)x 5

14570: Dark Elf Warrior (Nightshade) x 4

60028: Pathfinder Red Dragon - Painted as Shadow Dragon

02664: Phase Cat - Finished

I can't wait to dull coat them tonight and hit the table with them tomorrow. Those 7 Shadow Step Warriors got to be very frustrating. I can't stand painting the same thing over and over, which makes me want to move on to my Lupines next. Big models, and you only need to paint a few of them.

Thanks for the motivation guys! Now to break before the August Roll Call.

Edited by shakhak

Minky, glad to see you post what you're working on. Can't wait to see those Kargir all painted up.

Last night was awesome. For the first time ever, I have finished painting an entire army.

Impressive, most impressive. It just means you need more figs, right?

I haven't finished painting anything, but I have assembled, trimmed, primed, etc 2 full units of Praetorian swordsmen, a unit of paingivers an ancestral guardian, and six or seven immortals. I should have the rest of the immortals primed by Saturday night, as well as a unit of blood runners, some farrow brigands, some bone grinders, and begun the extensive greenstuff work for the titan cannoneers, gladiator, and a bronzeback.

If I have time, I might even start painting something. . . but even if I don't touch a brush the next couple of days, it was a good month.

I'll try to get a group picture up tonight. The trick is getting the Girlfriend to let me use her fancy new camera. I'm also horrible at taking pictures, so be prepared for that.

I did a C-3PO and R2-D2 vignette with chronoscope figures, that's probably it for the month.

Forgeworld just released a set of MkIII Space Marine power armor, and here I just paid off my CC. Guess I know what I'm doing next month!

Damon.

Those look smashing. Good thing I'm broke.

Spent almost all of Saturday painting on a single mini. Almost done, maybe two hours of touchup & tweaking yet to go. So, while I did not make my goal for the month, I don't feel too bad about it. I made a last minute push and will have at least the one entry for Gen Con. Next up: the diorama, which is about half sculpted and the minis are about half painted.

02603: Bugbear Shaman, Skrug

02781: Bledsoe, Evil Cleric

14212: Kristianna, Crusaders Warlord

Another squad of Tollarns

6 of my friend's old minis - 3/6

little dragon from one of the familiar packs