Sign in to follow this  
Prophet

Warlord Rising

First, I would like to thank Reaper for publishing the novel, it was great and cant wait for the next installment. That being said, I truly enjoyed the book. It gave some different background on most of the factions that I didnt expect but really liked the new slant, if you will, on the factions. The book was written very well, and kept my attention the entire time I was reading it. It put the Dwarves as a main character for awhile then switches to other factions. The entire book switches factions with nearly each chapter change, and tell the story from that factions POV, so there is really no hero or villian as with most stories. That is one thing I liked about the novel. My favorite part of the story is as follows: (not to give away any plot or story details)

Pendle chuckled, "How much sand did you swallow in that strom to make you this stupid? Let me explain the situation before you go willingly to your deaths. You're outnumbered in the order of twenty to one. possibly much more. You don't know where you are. You don't know how many are even in that hallway, or even if that is, in fact, a hallway. In addition to the ever-living mummies, I saw golems moving in the storm, very impressive works. Don't forget the Khamsin raiders, those fanatics more than willing to throw themselves at you in droves. And the very last thing is that powerful mage, some master of storms, who rendered all of us unconscious with little difficulty. If you think fighting back right now is a good idea, look to the other side of the cell."

That is brief synopsis of the novel. I hope you enjoy this write up and it piques your interest enough to read the novel, because thats the only way the next installment will be a reality. C&C welcome.

Thanks,

Prophet

First, I would like to thank Reaper for publishing the novel, it was great and cant wait for the next installment. That being said, I truly enjoyed the book. It gave some different background on most of the factions that I didnt expect but really liked the new slant, if you will, on the factions. The book was written very well, and kept my attention the entire time I was reading it. It put the Dwarves as a main character for awhile then switches to other factions. The entire book switches factions with nearly each chapter change, and tell the story from that factions POV, so there is really no hero or villian as with most stories. That is one thing I liked about the novel. My favorite part of the story is as follows: (not to give away any plot or story details)

Pendle chuckled, "How much sand did you swallow in that strom to make you this stupid? Let me explain the situation before you go willingly to your deaths. You're outnumbered in the order of twenty to one. possibly much more. You don't know where you are. You don't know how many are even in that hallway, or even if that is, in fact, a hallway. In addition to the ever-living mummies, I saw golems moving in the storm, very impressive works. Don't forget the Khamsin raiders, those fanatics more than willing to throw themselves at you in droves. And the very last thing is that powerful mage, some master of storms, who rendered all of us unconscious with little difficulty. If you think fighting back right now is a good idea, look to the other side of the cell."

That is brief synopsis of the novel. I hope you enjoy this write p and it piques your interest enough to read the novel, because thats the only way the next installment will be a reality. C&C welcome.

Thanks,

Prophet

I totally agree, the novel was a really fun read for any Warlord fan, giving us a deeper dive into each of the factions we know and love. I especially loved the Skull Breaker character and the Necromancer, I don't want to post too many spoilers but I'm a sucker for Reptus and the book delivered :)

I finished reading it last week. When I first heard that it involved so many of the Taltos factions I was afraid that trying to include so much variety would mess up the story. To my pleasant surprise, the story flowed well and overall the inclusion of so many factions didn't seem cheesy at all. I enjoyed Warlord Rising very much. I will be anxiously awaiting the next one.

I was curious about how all the factions could be involved without the cheese factor as well, but I think they did a very nice job of including them, and no Cheese.

I finally finished the novel!!! I bought it when it came out. I wasn't feelin' it the first time I started it, and quit after about eighty pages.

Having finished it however, it was pretty good at capturing the Warlord setting.

I will say that the villians were my favorites over the protaganists, and now I want to play Necropolis, and the Overlords!!!

No apologies for the Threadomancy. It's what Durion would have wanted.

I'm writing Book 2 now. I had to restart last month because I felt it wasn't good enough. It's much better now. I'll have it done in the next month or two. Then Reaper gets to clean it up, slap a cool cover on it, and send it to the printer elves. That's a lot of moving parts, so I can't give an exact date. Rest assured, it's on the way!