Sign in to follow this  
Gorim

14136: Thorvald Bear Rider

Hello everyone! This is my first miniature "show off" on this forum, registered not so long ago. The photos aren't to good, that's why there are so many. The ones on the left are without any correction, and the ones on the right were "auto-corrected" by nero image viewer editor.

As You may already expected, I will say You that the mini looks better in flesh;) More contrast than on the left photo, but more details and better highlighting than on the right one.

Anyway hope You like it, any comments and criticism are welcome.

post-6474-12785157194196_thumb.jpg

post-6474-12785157235951_thumb.jpg

post-6474-12785157294178_thumb.jpg

post-6474-12785157343302_thumb.jpg

post-6474-12785157387311_thumb.jpg

post-6474-12785157431045_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Now that is a dwarf to be proud of....fantastic paint job bud, keep em coming. FYI, I like the pics on the right better, but you might try photgraphing with a darker background to avoid a washed out look you get with white.

Thanks everyone for such nice comments, these makes me happy:) I plan to add some sand and grass to the base when I have those components and than ask someone to do better pictures for me. But this will take time, so most probably a repost would be more appropriate than "threadomancy".

Nice work Sir!

I would go with a black rim on the base myself, but that's totally a personal prefrence thing.

The metalics are top notch. If I had one piece of advice, it would be to add a bit more color variation to the bear's fur. But, it's a minor thing on an otherwise beautiful model.

Great job, thank you for sharing.

Pez :zombie:

Great work. I love the dwarf's Hair and beard. Perfect red head coloring. The metalics are great and the bear is awe inspiring. Hope to see more of your work.

Great job. Great color selection. I have Thorvald half complete on my paint table, thanks for the inspiration to finish him!

Can you please upload the photos directly to Reaper boards, instead of linking? Not every site is accessible for everyone who visits here, like me. (I'd love to see your work, but I can't!)

Thanks, Gorim! Oooh, he looks spiffy! I'd hate to meet him on the battlefield! I like how you painted the texture of the bear fur, and nice highlights on the dwarf's beard.