Sign in to follow this  
rgtriplec

GenCon Tournament

I'm in as well. And as for the Mansfield Bears you better start gathering diapers for when you soil yourself after the Queen City Kings whoop your buts. ::):

Everyone here is in painting mode right now getting ready for the tournament. Jason, our local new guy, has gotten a few brushes wet. He may have used high gloss model car paints, but all that means is that it's a fierce and shiny Varaug.

Has it been decided if Savage North armies are allowed in the Gen Con tournament yet? The previous answer was yes as long as the book is released before the Con, but when you register for the tourny you get this message.

Welcome to the GenCon Warlord Tournament. Please take note of the following details. 1. The tournament will run for three scenario based 90 minute rounds. All players will participate in all three rounds. 2. Scenarios will be posted on Reapergames.com two weeks prior to the con. 3. Armies must be from the 10 Core Factions from the Warlord 2 Rule Book. Players will use the same army list and Faction/Warlord SA for all three rounds. Armies must be legal builds. 4. Please bring an extra army list with you for the Referee to review. 5. Reaper's standard proxy rules apply. 6. Gift certificates will be awarded to the top three players, and all players will receive a special edition Reaper mini.

Official confirmation that Savage North armies are allowed would be awesome! I know a lot of us can't wait to try some of these new factions out against the best of the best.

Also, any reward for painted armies? I know we talked about it in other threads, but Gen Con would be a great place to make it part of the Warlord tournament tradition.

Shakak was correct about the tournament.

The only Reich demo on Saturday that has a seat left is the 9:00 a.m. game. You should be able to sit in on the 7:00 p.m. game though.

Hey will there be a best painted prize? I'm trying to decide how hard I should push the paint jobs and a best painted prize may help. Haha.

Has it been decided if Savage North armies are allowed in the Gen Con tournament yet? The previous answer was yes as long as the book is released before the Con, but when you register for the tourny you get this message.

Welcome to the GenCon Warlord Tournament. Please take note of the following details. 1. The tournament will run for three scenario based 90 minute rounds. All players will participate in all three rounds. 2. Scenarios will be posted on Reapergames.com two weeks prior to the con. 3. Armies must be from the 10 Core Factions from the Warlord 2 Rule Book. Players will use the same army list and Faction/Warlord SA for all three rounds. Armies must be legal builds. 4. Please bring an extra army list with you for the Referee to review. 5. Reaper's standard proxy rules apply. 6. Gift certificates will be awarded to the top three players, and all players will receive a special edition Reaper mini.

Official confirmation that Savage North armies are allowed would be awesome! I know a lot of us can't wait to try some of these new factions out against the best of the best.

Also, any reward for painted armies? I know we talked about it in other threads, but Gen Con would be a great place to make it part of the Warlord tournament tradition.

Yes, Savage North armies WILL be legal at GenCon!

Hey will there be a best painted prize? I'm trying to decide how hard I should push the paint jobs and a best painted prize may help. Haha.

Yes, I will be handing out prizes for best painted army. Exact prize still TBD.

Hey Shakhak & Dewen,

I don't know if Kim is going to get to play in the GenCon tourny or not, but Steph is. She has already worked out a Sisterhood army that should be a real killer. She also is having Scott Frank (Lord Bassen) make her up some "I got beat by a girl" pins in case she plays Jason or Danny. Better warn those two that the heat is on!

Had fun in the tournament - thanks for putting it on!

Razig faired much better than I thought I would. The first scenario we played the the Totem trouble. I played a great guy who had lizards. Both our armies kind of sucked for this scenario, so neither of us could get across to the opposite totem until the very last turn. I could have gotten a win, but failed to really read the scenario, and instead of killing a priest (which would have given me the win) I jumped over to do 2 defile actions on the totem.

Second game was General Murphy, against another great guy playing Reven. He did have the 'busted' combo of Varaug being cast at and getting damage reduction/3, but the caster started across the table for Varaug, so was iced before she could get that spell off. Other than that, the game was a slaughter from turn 1 onwards - we started the bulk of our armies within 6" of one another. I pulled off a pretty big win here - wiped his army, still had about 300 points left on the board of my own.

Third game was against another the new goblin/gnoll list (I think), in sacking of Denelspire. This scenario sucked for me. I went into it higher in VPs than my opponent, and he choose to defend. I just could get stuff lit on fire fast enough. He was able to put everything out. I only burned 1 building down ik_down.gif

Overall, I came out middle of the pack, I think. But had fun and got a cool mini.