lion familiar

jatbugg

So, I couldn't find the mini in the reaper figure finder. I'm not even sure if it is a reaper or not. Someone in my gaming group wanted me to paint this as a lion, so that's what I tried to do. c&c welcome. ^_^

post-4428-12789927224487_thumb.jpg

post-4428-12789927337724_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes. It is from the 03401: Aeris, Female Elf Ranger and Panther. I'll be painting the ranger next. Only she'll be a druid. Thanks for finding it for me! And of course, thank you for the comments! ^_^

Very nice work on the musculature and the face, such as blending into the pale muzzle. You could go further and apply the highlights with directional brushstrokes to simulate the short fur.

I would add a highlight (light and tight, as if a reflection off a shiny surface) on the nose, since it appears to be solid black.

The darker brown, however, looks unnatural on the spine and the tail (the coarser sculpted fur). It looks like someone took a shaggy cat that was dark brown all over, and shaved its flanks and legs. ::o: I would have used the tawny color for these -- there just would have been some darker shadows in the sculpted crevices.

Derek

Very well done. I was thinking shaved Cat also, but interpretation is the name of the game in miniature painting. The colors work well and the Highlights and shading are not too dominate as to detract from the overall piece. I am sure your freind will be pleased.