Finished Exchange Miniature.

Mercius

Howdy folks. Here is my completed miniature for the summer miniature exchange being held right now. She is a Sandra Garrity sculpt from the DHL Classics: Fighting Women 3 pack. I had a TON of fun painting her, until I got to the eyes. Now I understand why so many people curse S. Garrity eyes lol, they were so dang tiny and intricate. In the end though I really think I nailed the face, although it took me about 40 minutes and lots of repainting and cursing to get it the way I wanted it. I am really happy with how she turned out, and I certainly hope the recipient will love the miniature as well. I am mailing it off sometime in the next few days. Comments and Critique welcome as always.

Also, throw me a vote on CMON if you don't mind. Voting Link

post-6251-12789950918031_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Mercius. This is one of the best I've seen you do. The face is lovely, the hair great, and your leather tones are excellent. The only nit-pick I have for you is that the shading/lighting on the blade looks a bit forced and doesn't look quite right.

Well done; whomever is getting this will be very happy.

TS

Thanks for the kind words all!

@ TaleSpinner- Yes the blade does look forced, I fussed with it for quite awhile and just couldn't get it to look any better, so in the name of time I called it good...I seem to have problems getting my blades to look as good as the rest of my metallics.

Yeah, the eyes almost killed me, I was about ready to throw the darn thing across the room lol. I think I was being very critical on it since it is an exchange mini and I wanted to make sure to keep it to a high standard for the person recieving it. The lips were the easiest part of the face, which is the part I usually have the hardest time with, go figure.