Sign in to follow this  
Stubbdog

Get your Savage North book HERE!

I am posting this and asking now before the Savage North releases so as to not be asking you to purchase it twice.

Here is the straight forward request.. I am looking for each forum member that reads this post to consider making the following purchase:

Warlord 2nd Edition Core Taltos Book,

Warlord 2nd Edition Savage North Book,

Warlord the Video Game,

Beta testing access to Warlord the Video Game,

Sound Track of Warlord the Video Game,

9 Warlord Miniatures that relate to Warlord the Video Game

and you get to do the voice of one of the characters in the video game.

Cost: donating $150 dollars to the Video Game cause.

You could also get a fully painted 1000 point army of miniatures for an additional $150 pledge.

Link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/Warlord/warlord-video-game-project

9 Limited Edition Miniatures specifically made for Warlord the Video Game

When did they become "limited edition" figures? It was never mentioned in the original site. I'll try to comply although money is tight these days.

9 Limited Edition Miniatures specifically made for Warlord the Video Game

When did they become "limited edition" figures? It was never mentioned in the original site. I'll try to comply although money is tight these days.

The initial 9 Warlord figures are not limited edition.

It's worth mentioning that we might be releasing 3 new miniatures that would be limited edition.

I also want to mention that we have a reward for those that only want the Savage North rulebook. $40 will get you the rule book at retail price, no tax, no shipping cost.

Also, Thanks for posting this Jason. It's much appreciated!

Don't need the Taltos book but everthing else I'm up for . Just gotta see how the finances are . :poke:

I've seen your Taltos book, and let me tell you that you need another! Even if it is just to sell cheaply to one of your fellow gamers.

Money is tight for me right now, but i have pledged what I can.

I wanted to let everyone know that two more Rewards have been added... One of which will actually be a blast.

$500:

• Game, Beta access
  • Taltos Book
  • Savage North Book
  • Sound Track
  • 9 Warlord Figures
  • Voicing of an in game character
  • Painted 1,000 point army
  • Access to our Design forums where you will be able to give your input on how the game play mechanics will come together.
  • Oh yeah... You also get all of our future games for free. Anything and everything that we ever release in the future is free to you. Expansion packs, free. Sequels, free. New games, free. Forever.

$1,000:

• Game, Beta access
  • Taltos Book
  • Savage North Book
  • Sound Track
  • 9 Warlord Figures
  • Voicing of an in game character
  • Painted 1,000 point army
  • FREE games from us forever
  • I will hand deliver the books, painted army, and Warlord figures
  • While I'm at your home I will complete an entire days worth of odd jobs, from mowing your lawn, to washing your car. Or we can game all night and all day with your newly painted warlord army. I will also bring the latest build of the video game so that you get the first hands on experience with it! If possible, other Too Late Developers will join me. This reward is limited to the continental United States.

I actually hope that someone buys up the 1,000 reward. Not just from the funding part of it, but for the great stories that would emerge from such an event.

Edited by shakhak

Wow, you are dragging out the big guns, aren't you? Wish I had the cash. Stay at home Dad doesn't pay much. Wait a minute - stay at home Dad doesn't pay at all. What a rip. Hope someone coughs up to 1K. Sounds like too much fun.

Wow, you are dragging out the big guns, aren't you? Wish I had the cash. Stay at home Dad doesn't pay much. Wait a minute - stay at home Dad doesn't pay at all. What a rip. Hope someone coughs up to 1K. Sounds like too much fun.

I was thinking that it would be a good reward for an entire gaming group to pool their money too. If a group did something like that I would be more than willing to try and get all their voices in the game.

I wonder what type of supporters you are trying to attach with the rewards for the pledge. Most of the hardcore fans look at the computer game as a bonus. They either have the miniatures or they only have interest in certain factions but not all of them. Although hand-painted miniatures are nice, it really depends on who paint them and how high is the quality. I believe that most of the visitors here paint their own minis. They don't expect anything less than what they can achieve. On the other hand, those who are interested in computer games have little desire in getting the rulebook or the miniatures or extra services. To be more realistic, it will be better, for $500 or more, if the computer programmer and Reaper can develop a special character based on the person's desire with a corresponding miniature, plus "all the above" as mentioned before if necessary.

Just my 2 cents.

We are trying offer a wide range of items for everyone.

Video Gamers can get the game for a discount and with it comes the sound track and their name in the credits.

Miniature Gamers can start a new army(which is always enticing when 8 new armies are being released), and get either rule book, or both.

We naturally also offer some combination of both in most of the rewards sense most of the prizes offer something to everyone. Many games release with a pre-order bonus of miniatures, and the books offer alot of lore that even non-miniature games would hopefully enjoy.

The reward that you mention was actually part of the reward program originally, it was just much more expensive, and once costs were planned out it is beyond our ability given all of the parties that would be involved. It was opted out, and instead we included the ability for a player to voice one of the characters.

I wish we offered a reward that would motivate you to donate. I understand if you can't, I just ask that you pass the word along to someone that you know who is interested in RTS games, Fantasy video games, or Warlord and point them to our site. Hopefully we'll have something for them!

In time I may be able to make a sizeable contribution. . Although I may negotiate slightly different rewards as befits my evil genius mindset. ik_devil.gif

Joshua

Everyone should know that we are completely willing to do this! Kickstarter is a sort of contract, making sure you get a reward for your support. If you want to stray from the pre-packaged rewards, let us know and we'll work it out.