Star Craft 2

dargrin

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I love Blizzard games, I'll probably pass on SC2. I have SC & I really never played that much, even with all my friends having it at the time.

I guess I'm just not into strategy games. Now if they made a SCrpg, I'd probably be all over it.

RM

Im going to get it, but I must confess having played the trial version i'm a bit nervous/disapointed? The game play seems exactly like the original. The graphics are souped up for sure, but I'm bracing for my 1st EVER let down from the folks at Blizzard. Hoping Diablo 3 is more original, and hoping my 1st impression of SC2 is wrong.

As much as I love Blizzard games, I'll probably pass on SC2. I have SC & I really never played that much, even with all my friends having it at the time.

I guess I'm just not into strategy games. Now if they made a SCrpg, I'd probably be all over it.

RM

Ditto - word for word.

And Soulorc, I think he's talking about a scifi version of WoW, not a pen and paper RPG.

Contemplating if I'm gonna eat stupid pills and pick it up tonight at midnight, or be more reasonable and grab it after work tomorrow... If only I was good at falling asleep fast, I'd power nap until 11:30, zip over to the store, grab the game, install and throw down once, then go to bed. But I know I can't do that, and if I go for it tonight I'll be up until 2 or 3 AM.. and that would leave me absolutely trashed for work.

it's pre-ordered so it'll be there for me either way. Should probably eat smart pills and get it tomorrow.

RM

Ditto - word for word.

And Soulorc, I think he's talking about a scifi version of WoW, not a pen and paper RPG.

Yup!

I love the universes of Blizzard so I'd love to be able to play in Starcraft as one of the races (ala WoW). Granted, I don't play WoW anymore but I'd at least give SCmmorpg a good run at least.

Had it in my hand at Waldoworld yesterday but decided that there was a few books I've been wanting (namely Pathfinder Adv Player's Guide & 4e Dark Sun) that come out this month, so I put it back.

I was tempted over the weekend, but didn't like the $60 price tag I saw on it. Those bastards are already getting a gazillion dollars a month for WoW, they don't need to be charging a 20% markup on their other games. Especially since they already decided to split the game into 3 parts to try and bleed as much cash out of everyone as they can.

So I decided to be patient and wait for Elemental to come out later this month.

Then yesterday I took my son to Gamestop to buy him a gift card for a friend's birthday present and was pleasantly surprised to find Mass Effect 2 on sale for $30. Couldn't pass that up! Now I've just got to go finally finish ME1. :lol:

Yea this recent trend of charging console prices for PC games is not a good move. I know that I have a hard enough time shelling out 49.99+tax for a game here and there, and even though it's only another 10 dollars, it just doesn't sit well with me. And the blame for this trend (so I've read) falls squarely on the shoulders of the current Activision CEO Bobby Kotick. Though he's doing a good enough job vilifying himself and his company that I don't see this inflated price trend lasting too much longer.

I'm honestly torn on the subject. I've been buying games for years, and unlike most everything else, the standard MSRP hasn't gone up a single cent in over a decade. So I could understand if they wanted to start charging $50.99 for a game or something. On the other hand, their customer base has grown exponentially over the same time, so their profits have soared as well, so its hard to feel bad for them.

But a 20% increase is just too much IMO. If you want to blame anyone, blame Sony and Nintendo for charging for the "right" to make games for their products. (And MS for following along.) That $10 difference between a PS3 game and its PC counterpart goes directly to Sony's pockets.