50151 Miss Muffet and Spider

This is one I just finished recently. I bought Miss Muffet sight unseen, since there was no picture available when I ordered it. It wasn't at all what I expected, but hey, I had fun with it.

Her expression is drawn on. The actual face of the sculpt is completely nonplussed.

Here's a better angle of the spider. It's a Mexican red-kneed tarantula, which seemed like a recognizable spider. You might notice how short her fingers are if you compare them to her thumb. Maybe I got one that had fingers sheared off in the mold.

And one more of the print on the poison can. It's meant to say ZAP, but the picture is pretty blurry. Those eight beady eyes hindered my ability to hold the camera steady.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like it too. Who makes her, and do they have other fairytale minis?

But it does strike me odd that she did not come with a tuffet. I suppose one could hand-sculpt one though.

That spider is freaking awesome looking. I know a few people it would send running from the room screaming like little schoolgirls.

...it does strike me odd that she did not come with a tuffet. I suppose one could hand-sculpt one though...

I had the very same thought. Then I had another: "What the heck is a tuffet, anyhow?"

Actually, that's what I was hoping to learn the first time I clicked on this thread. Finding such an awesome Miss Muffet here, tuffetless though she may be (assuming it's not a euphemism for 'butt', since in that case I'd probably already know), was just a bonus. Thanks for sharing, SbM!

PS. Spike, she's a Reaper mini - #50151 from the Chronoscope line.

Kang

<edit> PPS. Googled it; a tuffet is a stool. So it is sort of butt-related. Oh, wait - to be clear, I'm talking about the kind you sit on. Intentionally. Holy tuffet, I'd hate for that to have been misunderstood...

Thanks a lot for the kind words, all.

MamaGeek, dargrin, King Tiger: I agree that the expression and the stockings are the strength of the mini, those were my clearest ideas when I started painting. I'm glad you like them.

Spike: I know, right? Where is the tuffet? This is exactly what I meant by the mini not being what I expected at all. I simply had to make do without any tuffet.

I don't think there are any other fairy tale minis in the Chronoscope line just yet, but I bet we'll see more in the future. Chronoscope is all over the place, I love it.

Kang: Maybe the problem is that Bob Ridolfi didn't know what a tuffet is either. I have to admit that for the longest time I thought tuffet was a word for the butt. Pardon me for noticing, but the sculpt certainly includes one of those. As a gentleman I did not take a photo of it.

Thanks a lot for the kind words, all.

MamaGeek, dargrin, King Tiger: I agree that the expression and the stockings are the strength of the mini, those were my clearest ideas when I started painting. I'm glad you like them.

Spike: I know, right? Where is the tuffet? This is exactly what I meant by the mini not being what I expected at all. I simply had to make do without any tuffet.

I don't think there are any other fairy tale minis in the Chronoscope line just yet, but I bet we'll see more in the future. Chronoscope is all over the place, I love it.

Kang: Maybe the problem is that Bob Ridolfi didn't know what a tuffet is either. I have to admit that for the longest time I thought tuffet was a word for the butt. Pardon me for noticing, but the sculpt certainly includes one of those. As a gentleman I did not take a photo of it.

Actually, I do know what a tuffet is, and I had one sculpted, but it was decided not to add it to the sculpt to keep the price down.