1 Pulger (13)

1 Pinner (21)

1 Pinner (21)

1 Hok (16)

1 Hok (16)

1 Shaerdra, Bloodstone Matron (40)

Troop 2

1 Greater Bloodstone Golem (133)

I want to keep the Golem and the Warlord.

Any advice? I have never played Warlord, just got the Savage North book in the mail and gave it a quick read and I made this list, also, I am aiming to 500 points, and also to maintaining it to as cheap(money wise)as possible.

Hey Monly welcome to the game and THE GREATEST FACTION EVER!!!!

Your list looks great, but some personal tweaks I would make (still using your same theme)

Bloodstone - 499 points

Troop 1

Kurand the Ever Living

Lesser Bloodstone Golem

Scragger x 3

Pulger x 2

Pinner x 2

Glaktu, Lancer Champion

Troop 2

Greater Bloodstone Golem

Considerations...

1) Rolling with the Golems to max out the "living rock" doctrine.

2) Run the scraggers with the Golems when ever possible. Low point models with provoke running with powerhouses can be very frustrating. (Chris I'm looking at you! ^_^)

3) Glaktu can help give you some much needed mobility.

4) Pulgers and pinners stay defensive with Kurand.

Hope that helps!

With the minis you have, you can make a two troop, 500 pt army by adding a familiar and a luckstone. The greater golem runs as a solo and everything else goes under Kurand. It won't be a perfect army, but it shoudn't suck either. Kurand and Shaerdra working together as a spellcasting team should be able to cause a good bit of grief. As long as you protect the golem from being mobbed he will do a fine job of beating down the opponents heavy stuff. Once you get a feel for how the list plays, you can add more stuff.

Some suggestions:

1. BKBass is correct, add some scraggers.

2. A unit of beetle riders. Beta and three lancers can be well worth their points when used to harass the enemies rear.

3. Two lesser golems added to Kurand's troop as the second & third elites is a deadly mix.

4. Once you add a second leader lead troop, you can add either the charnal grub or great worm. They are both great solos, although for different reasons.

5. Some stone zealots would allow you to use the blood net spell, which is loads of fun. After the first time, however, the zealots become priority targets for you enemy. That really isn't all bad, because it keeps the heat off your other stuff until they can mix things up.