60031 Queen Ileosa

TaleSpinner

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious, why the large wire in the back?

The artwork show it to be just a thin wire. Something easily added by the painter/player if they wanted to replicate that part.

Good to know she is out thou, love the sculpt + the artwork it's based on as well.

Thanks for the compliment, TaleSpinner, but I'm sorry to hear that you'll have to wait 2 weeks! I'm really happy with the way she turned out, too.

@Haldir: As for the thick wire, I figured it would be easier to scrape and file it down to a finer diameter or just chop it off entirely, than it would be for the buyer to add the cord if I had omitted it. I imagined that if I omitted the cord but left the pulled-up point on, someone would say "look at this silly mistake in the drapery!"; if I omitted the cord and the pulled-up point, someone would say "adding the cord is pretty easy but I'm not good enough with greenstuff to make my own pulled-up point." So it goes.

I should get around to painting her in the next month or so -- and I'll make the wire much finer first -- so we'll see how she turns out.

Derek

Thanks for the compliment, TaleSpinner, but I'm sorry to hear that you'll have to wait 2 weeks! I'm really happy with the way she turned out, too.

@Haldir: As for the thick wire, I figured it would be easier to scrape and file it down to a finer diameter or just chop it off entirely, than it would be for the buyer to add the cord if I had omitted it. I imagined that if I omitted the cord but left the pulled-up point on, someone would say "look at this silly mistake in the drapery!"; if I omitted the cord and the pulled-up point, someone would say "adding the cord is pretty easy but I'm not good enough with greenstuff to make my own pulled-up point." So it goes.

I should get around to painting her in the next month or so -- and I'll make the wire much finer first -- so we'll see how she turns out.

Derek

Yeah, I though I could just snip it off at the top and bottom and just insert a fine brass wire in its place, so it didn't phase me at all. I'm really itching to paint one of your sculpts. I love the way you do your eyes, but I just haven't been able to work it in the schedule yet. Right now I'm concentrating on learning to sculpt myself.

I went to another FLGS last night looking for it (yes, I really want it). They don't carry any Pathfinder minis, only Dark Haven, Cronoscope, Warlord, and LE. Argh! :angry:

I'm actually glad you commented on that Randy and Derek. I would have likely presumed that was some sort of casting artifact and nipped it out.

Yeah, when I post a painted version it will be clear that something is there on purpose!

Derek

thanks for the reply Derek.

I guess when I first saw the green I figured it was just there to support the casting (thin limbs, etc). It'll be interesting to see how you file that down, as I'll just snip it & put some thin music wire in it's place (something even I could do, ha ha)

For those that haven't seen the artwork, this is it:

PZO9007_Queen_Illeosa.jpeg

& I will say DKS sculpted the mini perfectly.

Ah amazing! I had actually spent a while looking for a good miniature to represent a princess in an upcoming D&D game, but the best I could find isn't half as good as this. :3 It must be fate. I can't wait to see the awesome paint jobs people give her, since I'm sure mine will be pretty fail :P