spiritual_exorcist

Warlord, What would you add?

I'd prefer a solid "red dragon" reminiscent of the old "Dragon Mountain" boxed set form 2nd edition.

The only problem with dragons is they all have to be rearing up to fit the base, which cuts into the selection. I like Cinder and Narthalyssk a lot.

I'd prefer a solid "red dragon" reminiscent of the old "Dragon Mountain" boxed set form 2nd edition.

The only problem with dragons is they all have to be rearing up to fit the base, which cuts into the selection. I like Cinder and Narthalyssk a lot.

The Pathfinder dragon, while smaller works nicely.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/pathfinder%20dragon/latest/60028#detail/60028_p_1_af

Maybe a chance to push out some desert savage type models and freed gladiators to take advantage of the possible interest stirred up by WOTC recent Dark Sun rel-release.

An Insectoid Race would be cool, whether mantis like Thri-Kreen, or something completely different. Spider-Humanoids, Scorpions, Ants? Who knows.

A Divine theological based faction, led by priest-kings or what-not. Or a Magocracy dominated civilization/army.

Chalk this up to playing to much WoW lately but I'd like to see a something along the lines of the knights of the Ebon Blade. An Anti-hero faction composed of a variety of different races. Fill the classes out with necromancers, assassins, Shadow priest, typical bad guy character classes.

Here's a ramdom thought that poped into my head. Why not a half orc or half elf army. Fluff behind them would be that many of them band together into their own armies.

Chalk this up to playing to much WoW lately but I'd like to see a something along the lines of the knights of the Ebon Blade. An Anti-hero faction composed of a variety of different races. Fill the classes out with necromancers, assassins, Shadow priest, typical bad guy character classes.

How would it be different from either the Evil contingent of Mercs or the Overlords?

An Insectoid Race would be cool, whether mantis like Thri-Kreen, or something completely different. Spider-Humanoids, Scorpions, Ants? Who knows.

Would be cool, but there aren't enough minis.

Would be cool, but there aren't enough minis.

My Assumption is that if we are talking about future factions that might be developed for the game we would see new Sculpts to accompany such factions. Now if you want to talk solely about what kinds of factions we could make from existing minis that is a whole different situation. I'd have to give that more thought.

How would it be different from either the Evil contingent of Mercs or the Overlords?

Well, for starters they wouldn't be evil. Most of the factions to my knowledge are based around a race. Instead my anti-hero faction would draw soldiers from all the races. A racial melting pot if you will. They would be united by a common philosophy of "the ends justifies the means" (hence anti-hero). Giving them cliched villainous classes and a darker viewpoint is meant to add to their appeal.

I always thought that a faction based on the Crusaders old FA Mercy would be cool. A faction of all paladins and good knights made up of orcs, goblins, reptus, vampires, skellies, elves, dwarfs etceteras...