It occurs to me that a faction will probably have an easier time of making it in if there already exists a fair number of figures in the DHL line that could be used for it. I only took a brief look through the DHL line to come up with an example -

02433: Omar Al-Kafour

02439: Urji, Arab Pirate

02447: Sallah, Arabian

are only three of several Arabian themed figures in the DHL line that could be expanded into a faction.

Someone else may want to take a more in depth look...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were going to build a faction around the fire giant models, how would you build it, and how would you make it feel alot different than the Icingstead?

Well I'd use a lot more red and black when painting them ::D:

I would probably add burning to most of the models. I think it would be a good army theme as the opponents have to spend an action to put out the fire.

I tried unsuccessfully to nudge stubbdog into making the Kobolds the goblin fodder of the Kargir or Korbolas early on.

That's funny because I did the same with Gus. I also suggested kobolds and hobgoblins instead of goblins and gnolls... to make them noticeably different from the Reven.

Kobolds - I had/have a homebrew army nearly done somewhere...

playtest:

http://www.evocommand.com/junk_delete_me/kobold_wip.pdf

feedback and mockery always welcome.

Isn't it pretty common for Kobolds to be minions to dragons?

You could make it a real dragon faction with the kobold minions being the bulk of the faction, but they could supported by babies and adolescents, half dragons and brood mother.

03332: Young Fire Dragon

03338: Young Ice Dragon

03350: Young Forest Dragon

02854: Baby Dragons

03022: Half Dragon [bronze]

03403: Na'Kaat, Female Half Dragon Paladin

03463: Golanth, Half Dragon Warrior

10014: Cinder, The Red Dragon

It occurs to me that a faction will probably have an easier time of making it in if there already exists a fair number of figures in the DHL line that could be used for it. I only took a brief look through the DHL line to come up with an example -

02433: Omar Al-Kafour

02439: Urji, Arab Pirate

02447: Sallah, Arabian

are only three of several Arabian themed figures in the DHL line that could be expanded into a faction.

Someone else may want to take a more in depth look...

I'd buy an Arabian flavored faction if it had genies, efreets, flying carpets and camel cav. Here is a list I made before the change to 2.0

Hakirian Knights

02426: Aziz Al-Jawar (Warlord)

02927: Hassan, Genie (Warlord)

Archer captain (need)

03075: Sorceress on Flying Carpet (captain)

02447: Sallah, Arabian Hero (captain)

02388: Jalahandra Warrior (sgt)

Tierce, Male Rogue, 3265 (sgt)

Camel Rider sgt (need)

02297: Kaballah the Colossus (elite)

03254: Naseer, Genie of Hakir (Elite)

02497: Jasmine Silverveil (elite)

02396: Jalahandra Warrior (soldier)

02406: Shadow Assassin (soldier)

02436: Efreet (soldier)

02970: Bladedancer (soldier)

02439: Hakir Pirate (soldier)

02279: Chain fighters Of Jalahandra (soldier)

02602: Hakir Barbarian (soldier)

Flying Carpet soldier(need)

Camel Rider soldier (need)

Archer (need)

02586: Nabin, Desert Ranger (solitaire)

03322: Efreeti Emir (Solitaire)

14245: Dust Devil (Monster)

03241: Aroudj Firebeard (solitaire)

I like the Ape and peasant ideas.

I knew I wasn't the only one who enjoyed the feces throwing bit :poke:

It could be an "planet of the apes/King Kong/lost world" faction with regular apes, intelligent apes, the dhl king kong, all the dhl dinosaurs, the giant snake.

You could make it a real dragon faction with the kobold minions being the bulk of the faction, but they could supported by babies and adolescents, half dragons and brood mother.

03332: Young Fire Dragon

03338: Young Ice Dragon

03350: Young Forest Dragon

02854: Baby Dragons

03022: Half Dragon [bronze]

03403: Na'Kaat, Female Half Dragon Paladin

03463: Golanth, Half Dragon Warrior

10014: Cinder, The Red Dragon

Is Cinder capable of fitting on a Giant size base?

Specifically with respect to Kobolds, what sorts of Monsters would one pair with them as Solos?

Cursed Boulders: in various sizes. These would be more like enchanted/bewitched terrain than figures.**

(**But this follows from my take on Kobolds: scrap that D&D, original Monster Manual, DKS pen/ink drawings indicating goblin-ish creatures concept; they might have scales, but they have much innate magic and they like to use it instead of attacking directly when they are small and young. They grow bigger as they age, century by century, they're incredibly long-lived and very ancient Kolbolds can be as big as Trolls but stronger. Young Kobolds are tiny things, the size of familiars in Warlord scale.)

Basilisks might be a possibility. Assume Kobolds are immune to their gaze once they become 'of age'. Young ones might get petrified, but...

(**More background: Kobolds are very hard to kill. If dealt enough damage to 'kill' the Kobold turns to stone instead. It then begins to heal—a process that can take decades—but once it has healed it reverts to a corporeal state once again. This can result in a foe losing weaponry...and it would add a statue to the table-top battlefield...this affinity with a petrified state would explain why they do not fear Basilisks or Cave-ins.)

Wingless Landwyrms: also native to the subterranean world (dragon-like but they live far deeper, in passages too small for winged creatures). Electric Fire (lightning) for breath weapons.

That creature that looks like a Stalagmite with tentacles.

Is Cinder capable of fitting on a Giant size base?

Sure, he fits like a dragon-skin glove. I use him whenever I need a dragon.

cinder.jpg

Well if a new guy could suggest three armies that could work.

First I would suggest a good version of gnomes. They have an evil gnomes so why not good gnomes.

Second would be an evil dwarf faction. They have good and evil elves so why not evil dwarves.

Last would be a cthulhu/ fishman faction. This would be really unique becouse no one has an army with this theme at all and would probably make a lot of people happy.

Thats my two cents for what it's worth.

Well if a new guy could suggest three armies that could work.

First I would suggest a good version of gnomes. They have an evil gnomes so why not good gnomes.

Second would be an evil dwarf faction. They have good and evil elves so why not evil dwarves.

Last would be a cthulhu/ fishman faction. This would be really unique becouse no one has an army with this theme at all and would probably make a lot of people happy.

Thats my two cents for what it's worth.

New guys are always welcome. Threads like this come up once or twice a year, and your three suggestions are always quite popular. Maybe not good gnomes, but a halfling faction is always thrown out by a few people.

Seems there are always a few supporters for:

halflings

vikings

evil dwarfs/duegar/derro

cthulhu

fishmen

frogs

forest creatures

asian flavored

arabian flavored

kobold