Just a randomly asked question

Enchantra

I know there are a lot of miniature companies out there that you can purchase minis from, Reaper (The most truly awesome company!!!!) aside for a second, which other ones do you think have great sculpts, decent prices, and a good selection?  I'm looking to see what other companies I can get minis from to build on my collection.  I'm listing what I know about below:

Grim Reaper

Ral Partha

Dark Age

Confrontation

Fenryll

Games Workshop

Excalibur

Crunchy Frog

Ironwind

Foundry

Celtos

By all means add to the list.  If you have any comments on the customer service of these places or companies and what you think their minis lack or have a lot of etc, let me know.  Thanks!

:D

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's one I've seen at my LFGS it's a mob called:

Maidenhead Minitures

They have some nice fantasy roman time period type minitures, like a chariot pulled by sabre-toothed tigers which I want.

However I don't know if they are available anywhere else.

http://www.maidenheadminiatures.com/ here's the link, some adult content....

Offhand, companies I like:

Copplestone - Great near-future line, excellent early 20th century line.

Fortress Figures - Nice amazons and mummies.

Black Orc - makers of 100 Kingdoms. Nice minis, many sculpted by people familiar to Reaper customers...

Eureka - love the pirates, plus they are the makers of winged fezzed monkeys and have the "100 Club" and "300 Club" minis-by-request system.

Kallistra - bought some of their pygmies. Outstanding, and cheap even buying overseas.

I love Heresy's monsters!  The Demon DOg based on the mutts from Ghost busters, those alien looking jumper thing a ma dos.  Very cool.  

Not big on their humanoids overall, but a few of them are very nice.  

HAve you ordered from Heresy before Hal?  I was going to, but between the conversion and the shipping, a 5 dollar fig might end up costing me 20!

I want some of those ghostbuster dogs, but not at 20 a piece.  :oops:

I followed the link and looked at the Heresy minis.  Honestly, I'm not greatly impressed - no large quantity of elves and the one elf he has which is a ranger looks like something undead the way the face is done.

As for the links given by TKD, thanks.  I looked through some of them, and when I am home at my own computer with a better monitor I will take a look and see what I can find.

Coogle, the same goes for your link.  Once I'm home, I'm exploring.

As for grim reaper, I don't like most of their demons, but I LOVE their giants, especially at those prices AND they are pretty much the only company i've ever seen that has even half as many female-intended minis as male-intended minis in their giant ranges. I think 4 out of 7 of my female-intended giant minis come from them.

I also love crocodile minis. Ever since their Anubi came out, all gnolls in my world instantly had their culture changed to reflect egyptian tastes... I've never really liked many gnolls that have been put out by any company, but now I got me an army of them (not painted, yet, of course, but i do have me my army).

They (crocodile) tends to do fairly clean-lined sculpts. While I love the challenge (and eventual beauty) of very detailed sculpts like L5R & many reaper minis, For large quantities of minis being put together in an army, I really don't want to go blind & spend 200 hours on them. Thus a mini with STYLE, but clean lines & not too much frilly detail, will win my heart when buying rank&file minis for orc/goblin/gnoll, etc. races. Or even armored humans.

There's a company that makes "amazon" minis - great sculpts in a variety of greek-inspired armor that's truer to the original than most. If I want female-intended human line-fighters (not major NPC's) I usually use those minis. Gosh, i wish i could remember the name of the company. They make fantasy-football minis too, but I can't remember their name. Oh well, someone else will remember them...

Freebooter

- This is Werner Klockes own line, you know its wonderful.  Its based in Germany.  They are now able to ship the the US at decent prices.  Around $10-$12, increasing based on the weight of your purchase.  They are also available from the CMON online shop.

Spyglass minis

- Very small line right now, but they very nice.  You can get them from CMON online shop.

War Machine

- Some interesting minis for a strange game.

Rafm - They are a pretty old school company. RAFM

Assassin Mini

- German company.  Its really a one man operation.

LINK

Excalibur

- I'm not a big fan of their fantasy stuff, but they have some neat Sci-fi.  Excalibur

Chronopia

- LINK

Ah, another Ravenlofter here!

Is Old Glory the maker of the Vampire Wars line, or are they the US distributor for the line made by West Wind Productions in the UK?

I know you can find them on Old Glory's site, and also on Doordice.com catalog page. My FLGS doesn't carry them, and I simply must have the "Cat-By Blows"!  :;):

Freebooter

- This is Werner Klockes own line, you know its wonderful.  Its based in Germany.  They are now able to ship the the US at decent prices.  Around $10-$12, increasing based on the weight of your purchase.  They are also available from the CMON online shop.

Spyglass minis

- Very small line right now, but they very nice.  You can get them from CMON online shop.

War Machine

- Some interesting minis for a strange game.

Rafm - They are a pretty old school company. RAFM

Assassin Mini

- German company.  Its really a one man operation.

LINK

Excalibur

- I'm not a big fan of their fantasy stuff, but they have some neat Sci-fi.  Excalibur

Chronopia

- LINK

RAFM has some cool stuff.   The Blood Regiment stuff by Werner Klocke  rocks!   :cool:

Ah, another Ravenlofter here!

Is Old Glory the maker of the Vampire Wars line, or are they the US distributor for the line made by West Wind Productions in the UK?

I know you can find them on Old Glory's site, and also on Doordice.com catalog page. My FLGS doesn't carry them, and I simply must have the "Cat-By Blows"!  :;):

I believe they're the distributors.  At least that's what I've heard throught the grape vine.

Yup.  Quality sculpts at a price that rivals even Reaper.