Moby Dick

Cadaver

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the one hand, it seems interesting to adapt Moby Dick directly in a unique way. On the other hand, the main theme of revenge and obsession and how these destroy everything as personified in an Ahab-like character is a constant enough one that they probably didn't have to adapt it or even mention it. Everybody would have got it anyway.

This sort of looks like a SciFi Channel (sorry - SyFy Channel) movie to me. Meh. An actual theatrical new Moby Dick with ships and whales and all that would be great.

I must have missed those SyFy movies with semi-good special effects. All of the ones I've seen look like they got some high schoolers to do them for extra credit.

And those same high schoolers failed to get that credit.

However, Deathlands: Homeward Bound was well done. But, it was post-apoc based off a series I used to read.

Age of Dragons

Well, if you're not going to do something original, adding dragons does help.

I think the general rule is when creativity runs out, add dragons, zombies (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies) or werewolves (Little Women and Werewolves).

Mmmm, maybe I can make my fortune with "Uncle Tom's Cabin and Orcs".

You know, if adding fantasy monsters to regular novels make them more interesting, I wonder if the reverse is true? Harry Potter and the Lost TPS Reports...

Not Uncle Tom's Cabin, Abraham Lincoln's cabin and vampires... aka Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. Fairly decent read.

I was looking at that one, and went with Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Is the Lincoln one better than that one? PP&Z really was a hard read, IMO. Just not anywhere near as interesting as I had hoped.