Reaper's Silas, Male Cleric

]Painted this for a friend to use for his D&D character. He did require varnishing, since he'll be handled a lot, but I probably should have photographed him beforehand, as the varnish obscured some of the subtle shading and details. I like how the NMM turned out. It's much better than anything I've done with metallic paints.

I used Mini Painting Guild's glass bottle painting tutorial for the vial on his belt.

post-4823-1283185210012.jpg post-4823-12831852094662.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it looks fantastic. I have this figure unpainted, and you have inspired me to move him up to the top of the list. Of course, he will turn out nothing like yours did, but I think I can grab some pointers from your pics. Thanks for posting!

Thanks!

The potion vial was actually pretty easy, and the tutorial I linked should help you if you want to achieve a similar effect. NMM, on the other hand, takes a lot of practice...at least it did for me!

Just curious...this thread was over a month old, how did it pop to the top of your radar?

Just curious...this thread was over a month old, how did it pop to the top of your radar?

Well...since you were nice enough to send me a message about my post, I went looking for your work. I'm very glad I did; that is a BEAUTIFUL piece of work on a VERY COOL mini. I LOVE the choice of colors, the non-metallics, & the base...not necessarily in that order. VERY WELL DONE!