Sign in to follow this  
Warwick

Recruits in KC

I am going up to Kansas City for a cool little gaming con called Recruits. I will have a table with some Reaper books and a demo area for Warlord. My plan is a 2'x 2' terrain board and a small collection of minis. This won't be a full on battle demo. I want to show the game as fast and fun, and get in as many games as possible. I was thinking six on six, and I'll always take the weakest list. I can't sell the game if all I do is beat up new players.

Any Warlords in the KC area coming to Recruits?

I'm running the paint and take table. Stop by and paint one of the Chronoscope figures Reaper sent.

I'll also have a Warlord table set up for pick-up games. I'm no expert, but I should be up for a short round. Look for the table with the spiffy hirst arts egyptian set-up.

Calling it a demo might raise people's expectations. :) I simply reserved a table for anyone who wants to play. Was expecting some friends to come down, but medical issues arose. So I will have an open table, terrain and 2 or 3 armies on hand.

I've got to finish painting terrain and figures by tonight. We're leaving for the sunny shores of Ireland on Saturday and won't be back before Recruits begins.

I would be interested in coming to this - I have a number of new players that I play with also, maybe I can turn it into a group outing. I'll see what I can get together, but I'll be there for sure.

I just played the Warlord Demo at Recruits tonight. I definitely like the second edition over the first. I am assuming that Warwick ran the demo. Great teacher. I will be picking up the books soon. Goodness knows I have more than enough painted Reaper Miniatures to play a few armies.

Thanks again Warwick for the enjoyable demo.

Glad to be of service, Chamber. It was a great time. It was my first demo event of this type. I have some ideas on how to fine-tune it for next time. If you have any suggestions, let me know. Recruits report coming soon!