Black Knight Miniatures; Verminion with Sword and Shield

Hello Everyone,

I need some help choosing the photos for an up-coming contest at Black Knight Miniatures. I have used 2 different color back grounds and I will post the photos of each pose next to each other so you can compare.

post-6227-1284259851297_thumb.jpg

Photo 1 (Shield Side View)

post-6227-128425986793_thumb.jpg

Photo 2 (Front Side View)

post-6227-12842598849416_thumb.jpg

Photo 3 (Sword Side View)

post-6227-12842598975106_thumb.jpg

Photo 4 (Back Side View)

I will go with your opinions as to which background works best with the mini. I will use the background with the most votes by this coming Thursday Night, September 16th.

Comments and Critique about the mini are welcome also. Which, if there are recommendations I will still have time to correct them prior to the contest.

• Like 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The gray is more fitting for the type of character, however the blue outlines the figure better by providing more contrast. I vote the blue, because it makes the figure stand out more.

Not talking background now, that's an outstanding figure. I love the shield work.

One thing to note on the background differences that I see now but didn't first time - the gray background did not provide the contrast, but I think the lighting on the gray was a bit better. Compare specifically the back pictures - the armor is brighter and the tail is in better focus with the gray background.

One thing to note on the background differences that I see now but didn't first time - the gray background did not provide the contrast, but I think the lighting on the gray was a bit better. Compare specifically the back pictures - the armor is brighter and the tail is in better focus with the gray background.

Actually the lighting is the same, but the difference is what the camera likes. I left the settings the same on the camera so we could compare apples to apples (other than the background that is). I noticed the camera focuses better with the grey, but bleeds the contrast out of my highlights, where as the blue (depending on the minis colors) has more contrast but a tighter focus area (More Centered).

I wanted to thank the 2 of you that voted for the background you liked. I wish I would have had a few more opinions or votes. So anyway, The blue background Wins. Now I hope the voters on the Black Knight Miniatures Web site will like the blue back ground as well, since they will be deciding my fate.

sorry Jim...I would have voted for blue also!

Not a problem. Maybe more people would have voted if I got the name of the company correct. Darn Stupidity. The Company is actually called Black Knight Games. Here is the link to my contest Entry: Verminion Contest Entry. If you would like to vote, you would have to become a forum member. I hope the link works for non-members. Let me know if it does not.

Merc, I noticed that you had not been on here in a while and was wondering if everything was OK? It is weird joining other forums. Almost feels like I am leaving home since Reaper was my first forum.

Talk at you later.

Jim