Sign in to follow this  
LadyArgent

Artist Con Newbie Questions

Ummm, still curious about this. Is there any one on the forum who's attended before and can give me an idea of what goes on? Need to know if I should budget money for classes or if it's just a sit around and talk kind of event.

Thanks!

There were some classes last year. Things are less formal, and you just show up and pay on the spot. It's a smaller event so you get to interact a bit more with people.

It was fun, and for people like me who are mainly interested in painting and less on the games and such that go on at ReaperCon, it's a nice event.

Hard to say what the schedule will be like; this is the first time in recent years that it has been more than a 1-day event. I'd guess we'll see something official soon...

~v

As I recall there were no formal classes last year. I believe there was a warlord tournament. It's like a great big paint and take/paint jam/paint day. You guys can come hang out with the artists and get one on one kinda stuff and just generally hang out and have fun =)

I'm trying to remember what time we were asked to be in our seats and ready to entertain you guys... I think 9 or 10am. Last year things were much more informal than at ReaperCon. No scheduled classes or anything like that. The sculptors and painters were working in the upstairs area as at ReaperCon, and people could come in and chat with us throughout the day as they wished. I think Anne's been busy, but hopefully she'll be able to pop on soon and confirm what the plan is for this year.

Not intending to hijack the thread, but I won't be able to attend this year and am hoping to find someone who would pick up a couple of the convention sophie's for me (not the reapercon one... the "all fours" convention one.

Would any of you be willing to help? I'd be glad to prepay for the minis and shipping through PayPal.

Sorry to bug you all... just don't know anyone from here in KC who's planning on attending in person.

Thanks for considering.

Back home, safe, sound, and satiated. Had a great time this weekend, and it was great to see everyone that was there, even if only for a brief time. Many thanks to all the wonderful Reaper staff as always for their hardwork, dedication, and hospitality.

Start the count-down clock for RCon!

~v