Kyra and Lavawrath

fieldarchy

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad y'all like it.

The color scheme was chosen by the client. This is a show piece made to represent a big baddie in a campaign that my client plays in and her fiance runs (this was a birthday present for the fiance). So I was given a bit of history and description to run with. The red dragon and black armor were the main focus plus getting the tones on the rider just right.

Ron sorry you didn't get to see it before I had to ship it. I really wanted to bring the finished product in for everyone to see.

Excellent work: dramatic at a distance, engaging in close-up.

How did you attach the dragon to the base and how did you make the banner?

It looks like it could be fragile for mailing, but I'm sure that the construction is solid.

Derek

Excellent work: dramatic at a distance, engaging in close-up.

How did you attach the dragon to the base and how did you make the banner?

It looks like it could be fragile for mailing, but I'm sure that the construction is solid.

Derek

The banner is made from milliput. It was fragile but I kept Kyra off and put her in her own little box and let the client know that's how I'd be sending it. She was ok with gluing it all together. I just made sure it was pinned. I used some hefty pins and epoxy to keep him attached to the base. He is on there very solidly but that was a huge problem to over come.

@TWJ--I didn't actually. I painted the membrane black and then took various shades of grey and just quickly streaked the wings. That way it gave some texture. If an area became too grey then I went back in with some black and touched up areas. Quick and dirty way but effective.