Sign in to follow this  
torak101

Witch Hunter mini?

I'm looking for a mini that is similar to a typical "Witch Hunter" from another lines world :)

Anyone have any suggestions, conversion or otherwise?

(I'm hooked on the MMORPG character class and would love to paint a mini similar to it but can't find anything)

I'm looking for a mini that is similar to a typical "Witch Hunter" from another lines world :)

Anyone have any suggestions, conversion or otherwise?

(I'm hooked on the MMORPG character class and would love to paint a mini similar to it but can't find anything)

This one isnt bad.

http://kruczydlo.deviantart.com/art/Witch-Hunter1-145510059

You might want to check up on eBay for classic witch hunters, if the one you're talking about is from GW... for some reason they nixed the model from the game at around the same time WAR came out. As for a conversion idea, any Thanksgiving "pilgrim" (puritan) model with hands you could cut off and replace with a sword and pistol would work. It'd be harder to get him invited to Thanksgiving dinner, but at least you'd have your mini. :)

Just type "hunter" into the online store search engine. You'll get some Reaper undead/witch hunters that might work for you.

By the way, you can say GW without getting struck by lightning.

The Witch Hunter archetype goes back to Soloman Kane, or earlier, before Reaper or Games Workshop were even born.

Magnificent Egos put out a figure called the Pilgrim, which has a 'witch hunter' look about him. Came in three variants, one with pistols, one with swords and one as a female. Valiant now owns the rights and makes them in plastic.

Just type "hunter" into the online store search engine. You'll get some Reaper undead/witch hunters that might work for you.

By the way, you can say GW without getting struck by lightning.

The Witch Hunter archetype goes back to Soloman Kane, or earlier, before Reaper or Games Workshop were even born.

Sure, I know the history, My Witch Hunter in WAR is named Soloman Kane :) (

)

I just didn't want to seem like I was promoting anyone else's product.

Avatars of War has a pretty cool witch hunter in the works, but I don't believe it has been released yet.

Nice, I've been eyeballing this companies mini's for a while now.

Fantization has a nice one in their Rusted Heroes line.

But they are 32mm <_< , I don't think he will fit into the rest of my concept :) I'm trying to build a group based on the Warhammer novel series "Mathias Thulmann, Witch Hunter"

C.L. Werner. One of the best writers in the GW novels. Period. New paragraph.

Who will you use for Streng?

Mister Blood converted right would make a good Matthias Thulmann!!! The robes a lil' tattered, but hey, it's close.

Edited by joshuaslater

C.L. Werner. One of the best writers in the GW novels. Period. New paragraph.

Who will you use for Streng?

Mister Blood converted right would make a good Matthias Thulmann!!! The robes a lil' tattered, but hey, it's close.

Yeah, I'm going to try to chop the head off of Duskwalker and attach it to Blood. I need to actually see the minis together so I can judge if its a good match or not. A little "green stuff" can smooth out that coat. Plus I have some Warhammer bits to use because that sword is a no go for Matthias....I'm thinking about replacing the pistol as well. (I picked up a bunch of sword arms and pistols on ebay for under 10 bucks).

Streng was a tough one, I picked a guy that doesn't really fit the book description all that well but he conveys the brutishness of the character pretty well.(14329: Street Thug, Mercenaries Grunt...maybe attach a crossbow to his back) Dunno, I can always try a different guy later.

I also picked 02956: Cyndria Stormcaller for Matthias's love interest (can't remember her name at the moment)She needs a bit of work with that sword however....yikes...

And for the Knight Capt from the Church or Morr (03292: Almaran the Gold, Paladin With Flaming Sword) Again, I know he's not the best match to the description (sword and shield vs two handed in the book) but I like the mini... :rolleyes:

Anyway, this should keep me busy for a while.