Sign in to follow this  
torak101

Witch Hunter mini?

Post pics when you can. I'm interested.

Well it's a labor of love, I've been busy (kids and Christmas coming)and getting re-acquainted with painting (it's been about a decade)but here is what I did with converting the Reaper witch hunter dude. It took longer to get then I planed because apparently my order didn't work or disappeared or something so after 2 weeks I had to reorder. Additionally I am stationed overseas so the Army takes their time delivering.

So I dropped his arm a bit and added a pistol rather then that hammer. I'm thinking about replacing that sword also...I'm not feeling the "Witch Hunter" vibe from it. He needs more of a saber IMHO.

(P.S. Solomon Kane on DVD in EU, check it out, pretty good flick - think "Witch Hunter, the movie")

76397_1613619253111_1015170916_1665495_4999336_n.jpg

Valiant now owns the rights and makes them in plastic.

I just got a big Valiant order and it was all white metal, I believe only about 20 models are resin and they come in metal too.

Nice work!! All the righteous indignation you could ask for in a model. I agree about the sabre, but it might throw off the balance of the model. I'd stick with the big 'ol sword.

I'll have to check out the movie when it comes to the States, if it ain't here already.

Cheers.

I had converted my Abram mini to sword and torch, but I really like the flintlock.

FWIW, Bobby Jackson is working on a new witch hunter/Soloman Kane type mini. Should be out around Reaper Con though, so we'll have to wait before we can get our mitts on it. The one thing we've discussed is an optional hand set with a staff, flintlock, and sabre. Just sayin'.

RR

FWIW, Bobby Jackson is working on a new witch hunter/Soloman Kane type mini. Should be out around Reaper Con though, so we'll have to wait before we can get our mitts on it. The one thing we've discussed is an optional hand set with a staff, flintlock, and sabre. Just sayin'.

RR

Nice

Make it a torch rather than a Staff and we are in business :B):

Why a torch? So you can burn more witches of course!

Torakk_066.jpg

Post pics when you can. I'm interested.

Well here is my first "real" attempt at painting a mini since the early 1990's I think...(don't laugh to hard... :zombie: ) I'm a lot older now and my hand isn't as steady as it use to be and I am pretty much re-learning as I go.

GEDC0410.jpg

I see the gun barrel needs to be fixed up

GEDC0412.jpg

GEDC0413.jpg

Looks like I have a chip on the hat to repair

Nice looking work there! If you need more "Witch Hunters", look for metal Confrontation models of the Griffin range. They will remain the best models of the type until Reapercon.

Paint jobs and conversion on the arm are really good!

Working along similar lines I have been using Reapers Pirates and Undead Hunters for the look and feel of the Witch Hunter and Solomon Kane. Abram was a great choice and Marcus Gideon(14055) as a Priest of Morr. Just started with Bounty Hunter by C.L. Weerner and I am contemplating what to use for Brunner.