Sign in to follow this  
LadyArgent

Ettin - Comments welcome

Painted this guy for my husband's game. Of course, my husband is just going to try to kill us with him so I do feel like a bit of a traitor to the other player's but he sure was fun to paint.

Ettin+2479+front.jpg

Ettin+2479+back.jpg

Ettin+2479+side.jpg

• Like 1

It looks quite ferocious! Only comment I'd pop in is that the food-person-pig-thing (I think it is a pig from this angle...) on its back could use more shading.

Hope he doesn't pummel you too badly :poke:

Thanks for the comments. 8 ) I agree on the pig, it came out really bright in the photo. I still haven't quite mastered getting the lighting right to brighten up the image without losing my shadows. Photo's are still an experiment for me.

Great painting!!!! When a model is painted that well on the gaming table, it brings the game to another level of enjoyment. I know prepainted plastics are convenient, but as a player, this one won't be forgotten anytime soon.

Very nice job!! I love the colors, the base looks awesome, and the pig looks alright to me. Photos tend to not give minis justice...

Wow, Great paint Job. I think this a fantastic mini. I agree with you about photography. I is always hard to get the right amount of lighting to capture both shading and highlights. I tend to washout my highlights and have my shading too dark so everything looks subdued. I think the color of the pigs skin made the camera react the way it did. Some colors cameras have a hard time adjusting to when comparing them to rest of the colors used. The rest of minis Highlights and shading look great, so the camera and lighting seemed to work there.

By the way, who makes this mini? I have never seen one like this before and I would like to try my hand at him for a scene I have in mind.

By the way, who makes this mini? I have never seen one like this before and I would like to try my hand at him for a scene I have in mind.

He's a Reaper Ettin. I just ordered the other one because it is equally impressive. Thank you for the comments.