Sign in to follow this  
jdripley

Some Battletech Questions

All your questions have pretty well been answered. All I would add is an advisory:

The questions are three years old. I'm guessing as Pingo is at a con she just did a quick search for a Battletech thread to add onto without considering the ancient threadromancy involved.

Cough. Er. Yeah.

I try not to add too much to the proliferation of threads, so when I'd like to post something I check to see if something related has already been done.

Maybe I should rethink that strategy, slightly.

• Like 1

Meh. I didn't suffer much for having been tricked. No harm done, and every now and then we learn something new (to us).

I've always liked Battletech too. I had the Intro Box but sold it a couple years ago due to life issues; I've been thinking that the next time I have $50 that I'm not spending on Pathfinder or the new Star Wars game I'd like to get it and the 3039 stuff.

Then would come the hard part - finding opponents (finding players in Massachusetts seems to have become quite hard lately).

check out the official Battletech forums http://bg.battletech.com/forums to look for players in your area. I used to be quite active over there, and still check it out once a day or so.

Thank you for your suggestion. But ... I have. None of them can make it out to my particular area, or don't respond for some reason.

I have a lot of very found memories of playing Battletech, very cool game. It's a shame that it's so hard to find anyone interested in playing anymore.

There's still a few people that play. I still play when I get the chance. If anyone is in or around the Lehigh Valley PA, drop me a line and we can see about a game. It's been a while since I played...

Also one thing I do is a lot of my gaming friends are casual fans, and can be convinced to have a game if I bring all the books/minis/maps. Most people will respond positively if you do this...

Damon.