Sign in to follow this  
Warwick

"Target army" or "everything"?

So my son has scrambled my collection again, and while sorting it out I had a thought. I have some armies in Warlord that are very target armies, meaning I only have enough models for a single specific list and nothing extra. Other factions I have damn near everything for, or am building in that direction. For me, it's Mercs that are my "everything" army. I want it all! Plus with Change of Heart I need a lot of cool models from other armies. Then I can field any crazy combo or new idea, and my opponent never knows that I'll bring out. I've also decided to branch out my Necropolis into other undead, not just Vampires. So they may end up as an everything army. My Reptus and Korborlas are certainly a target army. I neither need nor want all they have to offer.

My question is, what is your "everything" army?

For me it is Dwarves. I have a ton of both Dwarven factions and I can not decide which I like more :)

Kargir are my target army but I am thinking of using the Kargir models as Reven

Everything (almost): Elves. I only have one Mossbeard.

Target: Reven, but then they exist to be targets for my elves. ::D: Only reason I have them is that I put my Gloranthan trolls on bases to be used as Reven orcs, and the trollkin work well as goblins including 3 riders, 2 on wolves (Reaper) and one, Ogg, on a Hellhound (Reaper). They're just grey-skinned instead of green-skinned. I have just enough to field a 1000 pt army, but it does include a 100 pt Totem of Battle.

Target: Mercenary, to make use of some of my older *cough* non-Reaper player-character type miniatures. Some got updated paint jobs when I put them on bases so now they look better. I did get a few Reaper miniatures for the army as well (crossbowmen, Orba, DH's legionaires as individualized warriors or can substitute for an elite).

This is a kinda toughy for me to answer. As one of the game designers, I obviously have access to all of the models. But, I also have to take time and play with all of the different factions.

Like any person I have some I like more, related to their looks, than others. I also have some that I dont care as much for their looks but love their play on the table. And then of course some that I like simply to throw curve balls to my fellow designers to keep their testing and playing as level as possible.

All ins for me would have to include: Reptus, Overlords, Darkreach, BSG, and Dwarves, with Kargir quickly climbing up the list

Target groups for me currently include: Timbrithil, Crusaders, Reven, Sisterhood, Nefsokar, and Koborlas...

But, see as soon as I finish writing all that down, I can sit back and say.. "but what about... ooh and ... and I cant forget about... " and by the time I am finished, I have included every faction that we have in one way or another...

I seem to have no specifically targeted list(s). All my factions are 'everything' collections of old and new, Reaper and otherwise, heavy on the proxy. My Dwarves (Core) are almost all 'official' WL models, but not geared toward a specific list or build.

I see lots of responses after my heart: Dwarves. :wub:

I own a metric crap-ton of Dwarves (yes, that is a technical term ::P:). I have no idea as to how many points it equals, but it's a lot. That will be the only army I have go "all in" with. I may pick up a few of the Kragmarr models, but since I own so many of Dwarves as it is, I'll probably just use them as proxies. Sorry, Reaper peeps. ^_^

I do own a smattering of Razig's Revenge. Back in the day when I bought them, it was pretty much the only choices that were available. They have since expanded into what they are now and thus it looks like I bought a target army list. 'Tisn't so my good lad! :lol:

I also own a very specific number of Darkspawn models. I designed out a 1,000 point army and then expanded it to 1,500 points and only purchased those models. I won't buy any more. The army list may never win, but damm, does it look awesome on the battlefield. :wub:

I haven't really flushed out the SN armies yet. I'm still trying to read through everything and digest the various new factions. I've made some lists to see what I can come up, but haven't played any yet. I may obtain a target army for some new faction in the future, but it is yet undecided. ::):

Wild Bill :blues:

Most of mine are "everything", with the notable exception being that I will occasionally shy away from sculpts I don't like. This is usually only a short-term thing, until I find a proxy I like.

However, I do have two targeted armies; my Nefsokar and the listing I'm building for Icingstead. They seem to be my exceptions, rather than the rule.

~v

My "everything" army is Nefsokar. It started as just undead models. Then I purchased mounted Khamsin. Then Khamsin on foot. Then a Totem of Battle model. Then constructs. Before I knew it I pretty much had them all.

I also have "target" Darkspawn and Mercs, with no current plans to turn either into "everything".

I used to be an "everything" guy, and probably would be now if the game were popular enough around here for me to play whenever I wanted. I have about everything for Reven, Elves and Dwarfs, but my other armies are pretty versatile. I don't like to play the same list over and over. Generally, I just grab a case and don't know what factions or minis are in it and build a list at the shop.

Sadly, after long debate, I am going to have most of my Warlord collection melted down... I'll keep my Reven and Dwarves. If you can't play them there is no use to keep them. It'll be about 10+ pounds. I'm going to trade them for RotD, Superhero figures and monsters in anticipation of the new games, and because I can use them in Pulp City.