odinsgrandson

Colossal sized Dragon

So, for our Iron Kingdoms RPG group, I'm pretty much always in charge of the minis.

We've started up an Epic Level Campaign, in which we'll be fighting against some Dragons (and in IK, they all have to be massive Forge-World sized minis).

So, I could have bought a $500 Forge World dragon or $200 on the Wizards of the Coast dragon. But instead, I went ahead and picked up a $20-$30 resin dragon from an Asian gift store at our local mall. After basing and repainting her, I think she turned out pretty well:

asiandragon2.jpg

asiandragon3.jpg

asiandragon.jpg

For the record, after I bought this guy, I gave in and picked up the Magnificent Egos/Valiant Oracle Dragon. That thing is two feet tall, and I think I'll be needing to put a little more effort into him.

• Like 18

That is a beautiful dragon! It deserves to be put on display (between eating the adventurers) ::):

That is a beautiful dragon! It deserves to be put on display (between eating the adventurers) ::):

Actually, it is hiding out in the back room right now. I want to see the jaws drop the first time he comes out to eat some adventurers.

• Like 2

Sweet! I love the rattlesnake pattern. Very well done.

One nit pick, though, if I may: his eye look a bit like he's rolling them up into his head. If you bring the black crescent pupil down into the eye ball more, it will look more like he's looking forward.

Nice job,

Andy

• Like 1

So, for our Iron Kingdoms RPG group, I'm pretty much always in charge of the minis.

Anyone else at least chip in?
So, I could have bought a $500 Forge World dragon or $200 on the Wizards of the Coast dragon. But instead, I went ahead and picked up a $20-$30 resin dragon from an Asian gift store at our local mall. After basing and repainting her, I think she turned out pretty well:
Larger pictures would be helpful to make judgments. It looks very good, the only thing that really makes the model look like it is gift-resin is the chunky horns.EDIT Since your web page says those were resculpted, they would look much better if made longer, tapering to a thin point. The shadows in "asiandragon3.jpg" make it impossible to see the paint work under the arm-wing
For the record, after I bought this guy, I gave in and picked up the Magnificent Egos/Valiant Oracle Dragon. That thing is two feet tall, and I think I'll be needing to put a little more effort into him.
IMHO this resin dragon is a better mini, and I'm not normally a fan of dragons with hybrid arm/wings. The vaunted size of the Oracle dragon is a gimmick. All the mass is in the tail, like an overfed Gila monster. The wings look silly because how stretched they are to get that "over two feet tall" claim. http://paizo.com/image/product/catalog/MEO/MEO4011_500.jpeg

Feanor, try going to the web page in the OP's sig banner.

OP, got a pic with this beast and a human sized mini?

I just got one. It isn't exactly resized for the web, though:

October-2010-005-1024x768.jpg

• Like 4